Buggy/CTD's constantly

#1DeathsHelperPosted 3/16/2012 12:07:46 AM
I don't know what has happened but suddenly Skyrim has been almost unplayable for me. I don't know if it's mods conflicting for me or something with Steam or what but I'm afraid to do anything that might give me a CTD.

Several problems are:
Using Shouts but nothing happens
Summoning 2 Daedra Lords and CTDing
When I walked down a road after killing everything at Fort Neugrad when I got to a certain point I just crashed. Everytime I played and tried to do something different it was the same thing, once I reached a certain point I crashed.
And this might have something to do with it too: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62255275

Not only that but when I've gone to Steam to update the mods I have there it keeps on downloading them even if I checked 20 minutes ago. Sometimes it says they're fine and sometimes it has to update them all over again.

All of this came pretty much out of nowhere, at least that I can tell. Do you think this is due to conflicting mods, Steam, both, or something else?
---
Son, Vespa's are like fat girls, they're fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you on one.--My dad
#2RhytenPosted 3/16/2012 3:12:27 AM
You should post your PC specs, also the mods you are using.
---
My latest Resident evil 2 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEzdhWHDG5s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_aXS0n2KGQ
#3DeathsHelper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 8:31:21 AM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 GHz
4GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260
Win 7 64bit

Mods:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
JSwords.esm
SoS - The Dungeons.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
Realistic Lighting.esp
Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp
enhancedlightingforrealisticlighting.esp
arrowsmith.esp
bladesfactionfix.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
fixed followers.esp
hq_skyrimmap.esp
killthemgenerals.esp
ktxcompleteskyforge.esp
ValsCraftingMeltdownAlpha.esp
BlackSacramentArmor.esp
Masters of Death - Sicarius Armor (Standalone).esp
Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp
Weapons and Armor Fixes.esp
Weapons and Armor Fixes - Hacks.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul.esp
WiS IV - Rainbow mode.esp
WiS IV - Double fall damage.esp
WiS IV - Water Wars.esp
WiS IV - Fix FrostspiderGiant.esp
hideout.esp
Quest_AndTheRealmsOfDaedra.esp
retreat.esp
DynamicMerchants.esp
faster vanilla horses.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
UnenchantedThalmorRobes.esp
WiS IV - Double Arrow Damage.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
VampireEffectProject.esp
betterwerewolf.esp
VampireUpgrade.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
SpellSneak.esp
EnchantmentCleanser.esp
shenkthieveryoverhaul.esp
portal2mod.esp
WiS IV - Races.esp
WiS IV - Blood Coins Slow.esp
SoulGemFragment.esp (Mine, it's turned off.)
Spell Knockback.esp (Mine, it's on.)
akavirisharpkatana.esp
joomasslightning.esp
---
Son, Vespa's are like fat girls, they're fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you on one.--My dad
#4DeathsHelper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 11:18:13 AM
I think that some mods have been turning off or not applying. Whenever I load my game it will do the "This save doesn't have previous content" spiel. For example, the Vampire Effect should give me some spells but they aren't there. I haven't drank anyone's blood to see if it will add them but they're gone.

There's been a noticeable FPS drop on top of being buggy as Hell. Someone help me on this please.
---
#5DeathsHelper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 11:32:41 AM
Bump.
---
#6SeanW1986Posted 3/18/2012 11:56:49 AM
When using a lot of mods. Its always best to use BOSS and then wyre bash to male a bashed patch. Even then Ctd's will happen...I don't have a ton installed and none really conflict with one another and I still get a random ctd here and there. Anyway try creating a bashed patch...that might help your problem!
#7DeathsHelper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 12:26:27 PM
I've been using BOSS for a while now but I haven't used Wyre Bash, is it difficult to use?
---
#8SeanW1986Posted 3/18/2012 12:36:09 PM(edited)
It is a little overwhelming at first...however somone made a topic about it just last night and a kind user wrote him a very simple, good guide and even linked him to one with pictures. I'd search for that..it couldn't have gone far. However when using a lot of mods creating a bashed patch is recommended.

Also note, boss is not working as intended right now. There's a workaround you have to do (I think somone wrote it in a response in the topic but I could be wrong).

Also...I really dont have experience with the steam workshop. I use skyrim nexus with the Nexus mod manager for all of my mods...it works a lot better IMO. Also make sure none of your mods require skyrim script extender. That could be an issue as well if you aren't launching the game via that.
#9DeathsHelper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 12:53:06 PM
I know that SkyUI uses Skse but as far as I can tell that's the only one that uses it, I could be wrong though. And I do make sure to use Skse to start each play.
---
#10DeathsHelper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 3:09:20 PM
I also have Script Dragon for a mod, I don't know if that'll cause any problems.

I found that topic and used Wyre Bash, there are a few mods that it merged but I haven't played Skyrim yet to find out.
---