So the first time a Draugr FUS RO DAH'ed you

#1ToaKatukoPosted 3/16/2012 4:58:00 PM
...did you instantly hit Quick-Load because you thought it had instant-killed you? :)

I know I did, several times, because the camera angle coupled with your limp character looked so much like the "you just died" effect.

Share stories of surprising sudden death or almost-death here. :D
#2DestructersPosted 3/16/2012 5:00:41 PM
ToaKatuko posted...
...did you instantly hit Quick-Load because you thought it had instant-killed you? :)

I know I did, several times, because the camera angle coupled with your limp character looked so much like the "you just died" effect.

Share stories of surprising sudden death or almost-death here. :D

I did, and to my shame, I didn't even know about Mammoth until recently despite spending 300+ hours on Skyrim so far.
#3link1250Posted 3/16/2012 5:02:35 PM
sigris gauldurson the first time around (quest: forbidden legend, the third son who acts like a wizzrobe from zelda mm)

i was playing melee so every time i tried to run up to him i got hit by his shout, and the shouts of his two clones simultaneously, and got thrown across the room. every. single. f***ing. time. lulz would have been had if i was watching that in a let's play but damn that was frustrating
#4thoughtsoutsidePosted 3/16/2012 5:40:34 PM
I am happily going down a snowy mountain.A Dragon emerges ( I have deadly dragons on with the hardest difficulty) and kills me and my companion in one shot. **** this. I reload to my nearest save and fast travel somewhere else.
#5im4n0lPosted 3/16/2012 5:43:55 PM
I was somewhere near Whiterun, suddendly I see a group of bandits, and well, I killed em, saw nothing around and started looting; suddendly an arrow hits me on the back and I fly down a hill, dead, that made me jump lol
---
PSN: imi03
#6JustforvisitPosted 3/16/2012 6:48:15 PM

....nah but I remember I was quite impressed because the sound was so awesome and I was surprised that they can do that.

#7SeprenMaelstromPosted 3/16/2012 8:05:23 PM
I remember that I got the animation, and was thinking [and maybe shouting] "F%^$! How did I die already?" But then, I saw my toon starting to stand up slowly. In the midst of that I got shot through with an arrow and died.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
#8LiquidCsOHPosted 3/16/2012 9:00:00 PM
I've never had an enemy Ro Dah me. I snipe them with arrows before they can touch me. i only know they did it because of youtube videos
---
I have a mean/fast/loud Camaro.... Wanna 'Ride'?
I can outrun bacon, but I canít outrun Motorola
#9wangabangaPosted 3/18/2012 4:08:36 PM
One disarmed me of my skyforge steel sword way back in like the first few days of play. Looked for over half an hour and never found it. So mad.
---
Not enough sass in my lasso.
PSN - materialz Other stuff: Dangerine
#10arleasPosted 3/18/2012 4:23:50 PM
Weird.. I've had them shout at me but it's never done anything but push me back a little...I guess either they're not finishing the shout or else I'm not close enough?
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1746696962.png