any mods to remove quest markers?

#1KitanishiPosted 3/28/2012 1:56:47 PM
Wanting a more morrowind-like experience and I find the quest markers on the map and everywhere to be hilariously insulting(don't let me start on clairvoyance spell). Is there any mods that remove those?

Any other essential mods to make game more rpg-like and immerse. Have SkyUI installed, butthe skill menu is still quite horrible and favorites menu is uhh, not to mention the hud.
#2vishisluv7Posted 3/28/2012 2:04:51 PM

You don't need a mod, just de-select the quest in your journal and no mark will be on your map or compass.

#3ZantraxPosted 3/28/2012 2:08:09 PM(edited)
You can remove them in your .ini file or you can get this mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3222

Although to remove quest markers you need to also remove your compass.

I'm not sure if you can remove the markers from your map though.
---
GT: Yu OWNED You
#4vishisluv7Posted 3/28/2012 2:08:57 PM

Broken forum errors when I try to edit, anyway.. This page will help you some.

As far as RPG mods, what kind of things would make the game more rpg? Browse the workshop and nexus. If you can think of it, likely someone has made a mod that does it.

#5Master_AquaPosted 3/28/2012 3:47:37 PM
The only problem with removing the quest markers is that NPCs never tell you how to get somewhere like they did in Morrowind. They just say "Oh, yeah, this place. It's totally on your map now. Get there somehow."
---
"Now observe... Luna's AWESOME POWERS!"
#6KostasPosted 3/28/2012 6:11:19 PM
Here is what I have done for a bit more immersion:

1. Install this mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3222

When you install it via NMM you can select the option to hide your compass forever (along with everything else too if you so choose). This will obviously make it so you never see your compass, and those pesky quest markers that come with it.

2. Under your .ini file, there is a setting called: bShowQuestMarkers=0. If this is at 0, then when you open your map, you won't see any of your quest markers either. Do note, if you highlight one of your quests and click that "center on map" thing, it will still center you wherever it is, so try not to do that.

3. Install this mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11135

Guy has edited some quest descriptions to make it so you don't have to rely on markers. It works well enough except when you come across Radiant Quests since those tend to be, you know, radiant and all.

Additionally, if you want to remove the player marker from the map, that's something I have yet to find a mod to do, or find a way to do myself. I did try once to delete the arrow pixel thing directly from the map.swf file using SWiX. That only half worked and just made it look somewhat meh. So I had to restore it.
#7Kitanishi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 5:26:17 AM
just installed the above suggestions and now its a bit better in terms of trackers and quests.

Is there any mod that fixes the ridiculous "pretty but irritating to use" skill/perk menu?

Horrible UI was one of the major things keeping me away from this game for months, so hopefully there's something to fix skill menu too, because I just can't see myself using that mess as it is in vanilla.

Also any way to make game more saturated?
#8red255Posted 3/29/2012 6:21:39 AM
you can remove quest markers by disabling active quests.

Well see if you have all quests inactive, except the MISC quest with none of the MISC quests active it won't put any map markers on your map or give you a new quest marker when accepting a new quest since you already got MISC toggled.

No Need for a Mod.

Do you understand what I am saying exactly? Or do I need to step by step it?
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#9Kitanishi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 6:52:43 AM
red255 posted...
you can remove quest markers by disabling active quests.

Well see if you have all quests inactive, except the MISC quest with none of the MISC quests active it won't put any map markers on your map or give you a new quest marker when accepting a new quest since you already got MISC toggled.

No Need for a Mod.

Do you understand what I am saying exactly? Or do I need to step by step it?

I did not want to see any markers, nor compass. The above posts already helped with that.

NOw the only problem is very inefficient and annoying perk window.
#10vishisluv7Posted 3/29/2012 9:14:56 AM

How can the perk window be inefficient? You select a perk, it lights up.