What mods does a game like this practically require?

#1SuperrpgmanPosted 4/13/2012 9:43:46 PM
Ok, so it's like this.

I'm one of the people out there that thinks that Oblivion is downright unplayable without using certain mods, and I know that I'm not alone in this.

Galahut, aka Danielxcl(Who I really wish that I could find. Haven't heard from him since New Vegas came out.) for example pointed out to me how essential it was that the loot system needed to be changed in Oblivion, as well as ton of items in general needed to be added, along with the user interface mods. Oh, and a mod which adds a ton of new monsters to the game was beyond very welcome.

I imagine that there are mods out there that deal with at least some of these issues(and if you can point me towards these things, please do so.), but what else do you think needs to be changed for this game?

Thank you for your time.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#2ff8ff8Posted 4/13/2012 9:59:58 PM
Even on master difficulty this is a children's game in terms of difficulty. Dragons are also pathetic.

So:
Skyrim HD 2k texture pack
Warzones-Civil Unrest
Skyrim Monster Mod
Tytanis (optional, but fun)
Deadly Dragons
Cloaks
Unofficial Patch
Crimson Tide
Better MAgic
WATER
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Deadly Combat

After that just start adding things.
---
So the last vid card i asked about was crap. Is this better? -chia
That's a motherboard.-lfcmaestro8
#3BowserCuffsPosted 4/13/2012 11:31:48 PM

Even on master difficulty this is a children's game in terms of difficulty.

That's highly subject to interpretation.

Unofficial Patch is really the only mod I would say that, in your list, is "must have".

Better Magic is highly recommended but not necessary.

The game is perfectly playable and has a decent difficulty for the first 50 levels for the average player.
---
Certified Dragon Maniac
I went to College for Obsessions and everything to get that certification.
#4Superrpgman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 12:54:11 AM
Yeah, difficulty I can see being a serious issue,
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#5JC_PhoenixPosted 4/14/2012 1:19:57 AM
Crappy quests, crappy stories, crappy characters, and very limited roleplay options in quests.
Naturally,I use primarily quest mods. No super great ones so far, but they'll come in time.
---
"You are a planned organism, the offspring of knowledge and imagination rather than of individuals"-Morpheus
#6wishnotPosted 4/14/2012 2:18:33 AM
mods improving textures, lighting, uis, horses, companions, magic, weapons and monsters are all essential imo
#7JellyfloaterPosted 4/14/2012 4:29:34 AM
None.
---
mine did it and I clean my eyes every day with soap, inside them and everything, and I Q-tip them every day.
-Intran
#8CasketGarden77Posted 4/14/2012 6:48:47 AM
Any arrow mod that allows forging of arrows (theres a bunch) if you use bows.
---
"The great questions of the time will not be resolved by speeches and majority decisions.... but by iron and blood." Otto von Bismark
#9KurinzoPosted 4/14/2012 11:18:36 AM
Either Realistic Lighting or ENB or one of the FXAA Injector settings
Something to fix magic, be it Better Magic, Balanced Magic, or one of the others - magic is absolutely terrible in vanilla, Destruction is only good once you can stagger spam with 0 Magicka cost
Deadly Combat helps a lot and is a relatively simple mod too
Deadly Dragons stops them from being complete pushovers, but it might seem excessive for a first playthrough
Complete Crafting Overhaul and its two associated mods are good for fixing the numerous weapon/armor bugs and adding unused recipes

SkyUI
SkyUI
SkyUI
---
A god - a real god - is a verb. Not some old man with magic powers. It's a force. It warps reality just by being there.
#10BowserCuffsPosted 4/14/2012 2:50:37 PM

Deadly Dragons stops them from being complete pushovers, but it might seem excessive for a first playthrough

For a first playthrough, Resilient Dragons is a good option. Makes them die less quickly, at least.
---
Certified Dragon Maniac
I went to College for Obsessions and everything to get that certification.