Why does the Dark Brotherhood have a...(spoilers)

#1IkariHiokamiPosted 4/14/2012 2:49:55 AM
...Torture room? I though they were paid assassins. Who performed the black sacrament and requested them to torture someone? Is that part of the "old way" they kept talking about?.
#2Max_HeadwoundPosted 4/14/2012 3:03:45 AM
I've been wondering that myself, it doesn't seem to fit with the Brotherhood's purpose. Maybe it's just Cicero's hobby or something. It's like how some people have a room they use as a workshop or a place to keep crap they collect, he has a room where he tortures people. He is a complete nutcase so that could work as a theory, or course you can get it even if you kill him so who knows.
#3Armyboy5Posted 4/14/2012 3:38:41 AM

I can easily imagine one of the creators building up that torture room and in the end the whole team is like "wtf" but he already put up all his effort on it so let's all just roll with it ;)

#4darthsmokyPosted 4/14/2012 3:40:17 AM

i always assumed it was the DB equivalent of the rec room, honestly.

#5gamrls57Posted 4/14/2012 3:46:41 AM
I agree that it doesn't really fit.

When they talk about "the old ways" I believe they are referring to following "The Five Tenets". However, torture is not mentioned in those.

After I got the location of the treasures, I sent them to the void and filled some black soul gems in the process.
#6FeatherwindPosted 4/14/2012 4:01:04 AM
Maybe to study anatomy, poisons and spells? Or perhaps to interrogate people relevant to their contracts?
#7JC_PhoenixPosted 4/14/2012 5:09:24 AM
Well death is the primary payment to Sithis, not the service rendered. Like in Oblivion where one guy had his mother killed so you would fake his death.

Also I could see some people performing the black sacrament on themselves in return for you capturing someone and making their life a living hell.

Though I assume the brotherhood doesn't like doing this all the time. I could just see it now:
Kid: "Man am I hungry, i'd kill for a sweetroll"
Lucien Lachance: "That... Can be arranged"
---
"You are a planned organism, the offspring of knowledge and imagination rather than of individuals"-Morpheus
#8heresjohnnoPosted 4/14/2012 5:11:36 AM
The dark Brotherhood kills in accordance with the individual contract. A contract may request that the victim dies very painfully, hence a torture room.
---
If your zergling rush fails, consult your hatchery. You may need more zerglings.
#9valium88Posted 4/14/2012 5:28:46 AM

A nice way for the initiates getting to know the human body and it's weak spots foh slisin'

#10rabbi_babyPosted 4/14/2012 6:52:07 AM
Maybe they need to torture people to get a target's location or something.
---
Anyone who goes into a rabid topic deserves what they get.-Flashman
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/7662/glorious.jpg