Best Content Mods

#1marraxPosted 4/29/2012 4:57:31 PM
Currently I'm building up some UI mods to run with:
- SkyUI
- Better Quest Objectives
- A Quality World Map

I think SkyUI once finished will cover most of the UI issues. Is there a better Alchemy/Enchanting/Smithing UI that doesn't mess with the things SkyUI touches?

I'm looking for mods that add content - new places, new people, new quests, more going on. I realise that Wars In Skyrim would've been a good starting point, but that's not around anymore (okay it is sort of, but not on Nexus...). I'm not sure Deadly Dragons is what I want/need either.

Basically I don't want to mess with rules/mechanics/that sort of thing. Just have more to do.
---
i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 8Gb DDR3 | XFX HD5770 1Gb | Win7 64 Ultimate
#2Shadow_HypPosted 4/29/2012 6:05:25 PM
Well there is the DragonBone set as well as the Flame Atronach Armor both smithing expansions as well as there is a magic expansion that adds over 200 spells though I can't remember the name of it off hand and player abodes. Just take a look around Skyrim Nexus's top downloads and you can find quite a few good ones.
---
XBL GT: Pyrotempest,
Only add me if you send a reason for adding me...(Normally lately its to beat Halo Wars on Legendary for you =/ )
#3marrax(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 7:26:30 PM
The spells one sounds like Midas Magic, which really I'm not that interested in. New weapons/armor is nice but really what I'm wondering is, is there something out there that is similar to Wars In Skyrim?
---
i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 8Gb DDR3 | XFX HD5770 1Gb | Win7 64 Ultimate
#4TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 4/29/2012 7:50:26 PM
Moonpath to Elsweyr might suit your style.

Warzones is always fun. I have the latest version two plus the FaceGen fix because version three doesn't like some of my other mods (it's also no longer an .esm). Plus, there is a mod which adds like eight new armors for the Stormcloaks and Imperials fighting in the Warzones that is meant for version two.

I'll try to think of a couple more.

Oh, by the way, can anyone explain what all WiS did? I had it because everyone liked it, but I never understood what all it did and what it was. The only thing I noticed when I had the mod was an eight-foot-tall spectral Argonian killing everyone in Riverwood. Also, it changed the name of a lot of things to Italian (like Sleeping Giant Inn).
---
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#5Dark_CroixPosted 4/29/2012 8:11:08 PM
Shadow_Hyp was likely taking about Phenderix Magic Evolved, which currently adds 248 spells of various types.

For the Alchemy/Smithing/Enchanting menus, I personally install QD Inventory and then SkyUI over it. QD changes everything (including smithing/enchanting/alchemy) and then SkyUI overwrites QD for every menu it supports. QD is basically picking up the slack until SkyUI gets to those menus.
#6valkod23Posted 4/30/2012 2:27:02 AM
Shadow_Hyp posted...
Well there is the DragonBone set as well as the Flame Atronach Armor both smithing expansions as well as there is a magic expansion that adds over 200 spells though I can't remember the name of it off hand and player abodes. Just take a look around Skyrim Nexus's top downloads and you can find quite a few good ones.

Dragonbone weapons that have unique textures/meshes?
#7JC_PhoenixPosted 4/30/2012 12:54:44 PM
The Interesting NPCs mod adds 50+ NPCs that are massively more developed than the vanilla NPCs, and about half of them are even voice acted.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8429

Not many quest mods yet; you'd probably be better off just quickly browsing through them all:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/cat.php?id=35
---
"You are a planned organism, the offspring of knowledge and imagination rather than of individuals"-Morpheus