Any SquareSoft type Mods out?

#11FinalSephiroth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:09:34 PM
Release date - January 31, 1997. It's 15 years young i guess
---
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you
#12TinikyPosted 5/2/2012 11:31:35 PM
That is a great idea though. A materia mod at least. One that takes away learning magic with scrolls and requires you to equip materia. Could be interesting!
#13CyrlousPosted 5/2/2012 11:56:07 PM
WTF FF7 isn't old school! Try FF1 if you want old school I remember playing that right around the time when it first came out. Very tough game for me as a kid.
---
Ness rules!
#14FinalSephiroth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 2:18:00 AM
Obviously Final fantasy is older then FF7. But to say FF7 is not a old game is ludicrous. I think somebody is having issues accepting how old they are. 3 months after the release of FF7 the First DVD player came to America.
---
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you
#15HyperShadow4321Posted 5/3/2012 4:22:58 AM
I guess if you modded the game to make all of the dialogue take twenty minutes to get through, then it'd be kinda like Xenogears.
#16F_WolfPosted 5/3/2012 5:49:55 AM
FinalSephiroth posted...
Obviously Final fantasy is older then FF7. But to say FF7 is not a old game is ludicrous. I think somebody is having issues accepting how old they are. 3 months after the release of FF7 the First DVD player came to America.

FF7 was ON DVDs...
#17Felicia_catladyPosted 5/3/2012 5:56:04 AM(edited)
F_Wolf posted...
FinalSephiroth posted...

FF7 was ON DVDs...

?!?

Nah dude! FF7 was on CDs. 3 CDs to be exact. The Playstation 1 couldn't read DVDs.

---
People, we need help here in Brazil. The Brazilian government approved laws that will destroy the rain forests! We can't let that happen!
#18FinalSephiroth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 7:48:28 AM
HyperShadow4321 posted...
I guess if you modded the game to make all of the dialogue take twenty minutes to get through, then it'd be kinda like Xenogears.

I still love Xenogears :) ... But your right

If somebody can make a Naruto mod with powers and sound effects. I figure they can make a fanboy mod with OLD school squaresoft rpg games. Shoot I be happy if they just add the music.
---
#19arleasPosted 5/3/2012 8:38:20 AM

Shoot I be happy if they just add the music.

It shouldn't be hard to mod in the music... It wouldn't be strictly legal since you're taking copyrighted music from one game and placing it in another, but you could do it yourself (just don't distribute it).
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1846063869.png
#20Rakenshi1243Posted 5/3/2012 10:10:59 AM
Shut up you stupid hipsters.

FF7 is old school. You're all old, I'm old, and that's fine with me.