New to Skyrim mods, is it worth downloading texture mods after Hight Res dlc

#1sk00pPosted 5/7/2012 2:32:12 AM
Thanks in advance.
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
#2Lord_BadmagicPosted 5/7/2012 4:34:04 AM
Put simply yes, the HD DLC while technically larger really doesn't look good, better than vanilla but still meh.
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"
#3flagg2kplusPosted 5/7/2012 5:04:38 AM
Skyrim 2k ftw.
---
Why Mass Effect 3's endings are complete garbage...
gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/
#4sk00p(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 10:12:44 AM
so do i remove the dlc or download other mods aswell as the dlc?
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
#5djancoekPosted 5/7/2012 10:20:07 AM
I barely noticed any graphical difference with the HD DLC but most importantly my game took a bad beating in term of FPS, urgh, so yeah, i removed them.
---
Impian kamu akan saya beli!!!
#6lazy_titanPosted 5/7/2012 10:49:01 AM
djancoek posted...
I barely noticed any graphical difference with the HD DLC but most importantly my game took a bad beating in term of FPS, urgh, so yeah, i removed them.

I just did same thing, i didn't really notice THAT big of difference for the FPS hit I took. While my machine can easily handle vanilla on ultra maybe it cant with the mod, or i installed it wrong.
---
No, Im not a pessimist. At some point the world craps on everybody. Pretending it aint crap makes you an idiot, not an optimist." ****mydadsays.tumblr.com
#7darksoulpriestPosted 5/7/2012 10:59:37 AM
I got the lite version of the 2k textures, which is half as good as the full one, but still much better than the official HD pack. Didn't really get a hit on fps or anything, maybe you did need to turn it down a bit on your computer. or use the lite version, dunno if you were having problems with the lite or the full one.
---
Dynamic Sig Says:
#8Lord_BadmagicPosted 5/7/2012 11:56:12 AM
That's why its strange, the official pack frankly looks crap but causes performance issues for many, 2k looks fantastic in comparison with little to no hit in fps.

I used to use the official pack as a base and override it with 2k but noticed the occasional dip in performance and strange texture lod issues, removed 2k and the problem was worse, removed the official pack and everything was fine, put back 2k only and everything is still fine, looks just as good as it did and have zero fps cost.
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"
#9Motokid6Posted 5/7/2012 12:54:51 PM
Yes get the LITE version unless u have a new-ish, powerful PC. I had the full version, but my rule of thumb is... If u cant do a 360 in the game without stuttering or slow downsd then u gotta throttle it back. I got the LITE version and i was getting 30+ frames across the board. ( There was a difference i could tell, but w/e... ) That was the best decision i ever made. It opened up the doors to all the other mods. Beautiful Cities is a must have if u have the power for it. Makes whiterun just...awsome.
#10SymphonicGloryPosted 5/7/2012 5:37:19 PM
So if I want to install a mod such as 2K, I should uninstall the official HD textures?