Okay what do you think of this MOD list for a new run, tryin' to make it fresh.

#1Pal 080Posted 5/8/2012 4:58:20 PM
Played this for about 30 hours right after release, with a couple mods, but I found the game pretty boring quickly, but I think I have sufficient mods now to really immerse myself, feel free to suggest any big ones you think I should include, and let me know what you think of these (I don't really except anyone to respond lol but it'd be nice!).

I'm going to manually install all of them, no Steam workshop, no Nexus Manager, no BOSS, no Wyre bash, I don't think there's any serious conflicts in this list so far (but we shall see):

Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Better Dynamic Snow
Cloaks of Skyrim
Omegared99 - Armor Compilation
Deadly Dragons + Spells & Armory
Detailed Faces
Enhanced Blood Textures
Enhanced Night Skyrim
High Quality Eyes
Lore Friendly Armours
Lush Trees w/ compatibility patch for V'sFO
No More Blocky Faces
Quality World Map
Skyrim Monster Mod
Sky UI
Skyrim 2K Textures
Sounds of Skyrim Environments + Dungeons
StandalonePack20 (pretty sure this is more armor/weapons)
The Asteria
Vurts Flora Overhaul
WATER
Weapon Variants Expansion

Quite a list! But is it ENOUGH!?
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#2ff8ff8Posted 5/8/2012 5:08:01 PM
Why would you ever install them manually? And no BOSS?

There is not a single good reason to do that.
---
So the last vid card i asked about was crap. Is this better? -chia
That's a motherboard.-lfcmaestro8
#3Pal 080(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 5:15:27 PM
you wanna not be snarky and vague or actually help me? If your not contributing, go away.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#4ff8ff8Posted 5/8/2012 5:28:37 PM
I am trying to help you. There is no reason at all not to use NMM/BOSS.

Installing manually takes much more work and doesn't offer any benefits, however it makes uninstalling a pain. If an author gets rid of old versions, and many do, then you will have to always keep an external back-up of the mod to use as a reference for uninstalling it.

To cleanly update many mods that undergo many changes you will have to hunt down and manually uninstall everything from previous versions to cleanly update rather than just double clicking.

I wont even go in to how you're going to order your mods.
---
#5Pal 080(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 6:55:49 PM
Well thanks I appreciate it, looking into it, BOSS looks very simple, basically just a FOMM for skyrim I guess, so I might as well use that for load order (not that I know a good load order to begin with...). I don't anticipate much trouble since each of these mods seem to affect a different part of the game, and I don't need NMM because to me it offers no benefits (just plan on loading one batch of mods at the start of a new game and be done with it + installing is fast and easy without)

Really just looking for an opinion on the mods themselves, their quality, and whether you feel there's some great ones that I must have which are missing, or possibly some buggy ones I have in that list (though I think their all stable).
---
#6ff8ff8Posted 5/8/2012 7:16:22 PM
The mods are fine, just throw in:
deadly combat
No Boring Sleep-Wait Menu
Spells will give off light
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Unlimited Bookshelves
Warzones-Civil Unrest

Since pretty much everyone uses NMM (which includes BOSS), we can't really say if they'll conflict with each other since NMM will put everything in optimal load orders. Even if there is a conflict we can just double click a few times to figure out what the conflict is, whereas you will have to manually uninstall and reinstall each mod in every combination possible if you don't use NMM and/or standalone BOSS.

Just take note that for the larger mods you wont be able to efficiently update to newer versions by only doing manual installs, and each game update will break your game because of mods that use script extenders. So you wont be able to play until the extenders get updated unless you hunt down the files and delete them.
---
#7PharoahPelicanPosted 5/8/2012 7:35:06 PM
Pal 080 posted...
Omegared99 - Armor Compilation
StandalonePack20 (pretty sure this is more armor/weapons)
The Asteria
WATER
Weapon Variants Expansion

Can you provide links to those please?
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#8ff8ff8Posted 5/8/2012 7:42:13 PM
They're on the nexus.
---
#9ineedbetternamePosted 5/8/2012 10:28:06 PM
Quite a few of those mods are included in the Xenius' Character Enhancement (XCE) mod.
---
No, the pants are not optional.
#10rikvanoostendePosted 5/9/2012 12:20:24 AM
Add in 1/5th experience mod so you actually see wild rats and hide armored bandits instead of getting to level 50 in days and crossing paths with wispmothers, wraiths and Jason Stratham level bandits everywhere for the duration of the game.
---
Whoa whoa! Watch the magic!