Apparently no one ever wanted a MMO game of this series...

#1Veggeta XPosted 5/13/2012 5:57:15 AM
I guess I was just dreaming when people were demanding one during the Oblivion days?
---
I'm anti-elitist
#2NitharadPosted 5/13/2012 6:34:29 AM
Why do you assume the Skyrim fanbase is = the Oblivion fanbase ?
After all Oblivion was a real basebreaker with many who hated it and many who loved it.

I myself am not fond of Oblivion and think it's by far the weakest of the 3 "modern" TESs. I also never asked for an MMO, at least not a real MMO.

I would like to have a Co-op option, but I'm really sceptic about the MMO and think it's a GRAVE mistake for the TES series.
#3lancooledPosted 5/13/2012 6:36:52 AM
well things were a little different back then, we weren't flooded with disappointing "wow-killers" yet.

on a side note, I still weep for Warhammer Online to this very day
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHM3uuzBwRg
wild pig :3
#4Tai_Le_ReePosted 5/13/2012 6:51:34 AM
We wanted a good mmo. From what was read so far the game looks horrible.

Whats bugging me is how one of a kind items like the deadric artifiacts would be handled.
If only 1 player can use them it will be said its unfair to the others.
Everyone having them is lore breaking.
Nobody having them/NPC having them would make people butthurt. But it seems like the best option.
---
Calling it, Portal is a Minecraft clone.
~Detsuaxhe
#5perrinzooPosted 5/13/2012 7:30:42 AM
An Elder Scrolls MMO where it played remotely like Elder Scrolls and not like WOW might have been nice.

But this wow-clone garbage we're getting? Screw that. This MMO doesn't even have player housing for gods sake and the reason the devs gave was that it was too hard to implement. Hotbar skills, auto-attack, cartoony wow graphics, third person camera? No, just... no.
---
When I was Hell King we used to feed on the souls of gluttons. It was like murder marinated in sin. It was bliss.
#6SSJ2__GohanPosted 5/13/2012 7:45:31 AM(edited)
IMO, an MMO is bad, but the ability to see others play the game is good.

So, I'd love a MMO, but only if it plays exactly like a normal TES game: it would be exactly like a normal TES game, everything's handled client-sided (except the movement of other players obviously), but you also see other players doing their thing. There's no interaction between players (besides chatting), so that client-sided makes cheating easier doesn't matter (in fact, console commands can just stay).

Because everything's client-sided, it can mean you see other players slashing the air or randomly getting damaged while for you everything's normal, but that's OK: the appeal would be that it's exactly like playing a normal TES game: it only has advantages which are always welcome of course! The advantages are not as big as normal MMO's, but it makes up by not having the disadvantages of a MMO. You can still raid dungeons together for instance: you just can't cooperate.

So, kinda like this fan-made Skyrim Online game (though it definitely needs improvements for now).
#7ZaracenPosted 5/13/2012 7:53:39 AM
I'm in agreement with most people here. When i heard the announcement, I thought" an Elder Scrolls type game MMO style?" Awesome! Then, I heard how it really is being developed. So, use locations people are familiar with and slap the "Elder Scrolls" name on it and it will sell. Should just name it: "Generic Medieval MMO" and be done with it.
---
No empty, blank space down here. No sirree!
#8NeoSamuelPosted 5/13/2012 8:27:44 AM
I would like to see an MMO done using Skyrim's combat and crafting (balancing it and removing exploits of course). I have no intrest in another hot-key MMO. If i want to play a hot key MMO I will play WoW or SWTOR depending if I feel like a fantasy setting or space opera.
---
Im Black Mage. I cast spells that make people fall down.
#9Disruptive_01Posted 5/13/2012 8:31:35 AM
Good thing Beth is only there for Lore....
---
Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
Experience teaches only the teachable.
- Aldous Huxley
#10Treason686Posted 5/13/2012 10:24:34 AM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
IMO, an MMO is bad, but the ability to see others play the game is good.

So, I'd love a MMO, but only if it plays exactly like a normal TES game: it would be exactly like a normal TES game, everything's handled client-sided (except the movement of other players obviously), but you also see other players doing their thing. There's no interaction between players (besides chatting), so that client-sided makes cheating easier doesn't matter (in fact, console commands can just stay).

Because everything's client-sided, it can mean you see other players slashing the air or randomly getting damaged while for you everything's normal, but that's OK: the appeal would be that it's exactly like playing a normal TES game: it only has advantages which are always welcome of course! The advantages are not as big as normal MMO's, but it makes up by not having the disadvantages of a MMO. You can still raid dungeons together for instance: you just can't cooperate.

So, kinda like this fan-made Skyrim Online game (though it definitely needs improvements for now).

That sounds completely awful.

First off, who decided an MMO always has to play like WoW? MMO is not a genre, it is a game type.

I would have enjoyed an Elder Scrolls MMO... If it played like Elder Scrolls. This? This is yet another cookie-cutter WoW clone, and I'd bet it plays like a theme park game.

Give me an Elder Scrolls MMO, and yes, I'd be happy. First person, open world exploration with real time combat.
---
|| PSN/360 GT: Treason686 ||
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3|| Crossfire XFX Radeon 6870 || HP w2408h