Stalhrim????

#1Disruptive_01Posted 6/9/2012 10:07:19 PM
I find it strange there wasn't any mention of this in both vanilla and new upcoming DLC. Is there any left? Has anyone even attempted to make a mod for ice weapons/armor?
---
Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
Experience teaches only the teachable.
- Aldous Huxley
#2shadowwrath666Posted 6/10/2012 5:47:58 PM
Disruptive_01 posted...
I find it strange there wasn't any mention of this in both vanilla and new upcoming DLC. Is there any left? Has anyone even attempted to make a mod for ice weapons/armor?

I myself was hoping for stalhrim to be in skyrim as it was used in nordic burial mounds on solstheim in the bloodmoon expansion for morrowind which is focused on the nords as is Skyrim

i hope they include it in future DLC but as of yet there is no mention of it in the Dawnguard DLC
#3Disruptive_01(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 8:01:57 PM
/sadface
---
Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
Experience teaches only the teachable.
- Aldous Huxley
#4LeBurns63Posted 6/11/2012 4:07:25 AM
I was really looking forward to the Ice Armor and Weapons. I really can't believe they haven't made it into the game yet. I would be sorely disappointed if it never gets added in a DLC or something.

Your basic wolf armor, bear armor, ice wolf armor, ice bear armor, etc.

And were are the Rieklings riding the wild boars? Seriously how did those get left out?
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#5Blitz4532Posted 6/11/2012 4:13:39 AM
Burhenn63 posted...
And were are the Rieklings riding the wild boars? Seriously how did those get left out?

Wow I forgot about those things...
---
I am the Stig
http://home.comcast.net/~nba-clan/stig%20meme.jpg
#6red255Posted 6/11/2012 4:42:36 AM
...theres actually a DLC called stallrim?

cuz I thought you were like using an insulting name or something because your game kept locking up or something.

I don't think Bethesda should name the game that, gives too much people easy fodder.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#7Brenz0rPosted 6/11/2012 4:54:51 AM
red255 posted...
...theres actually a DLC called stallrim?

cuz I thought you were like using an insulting name or something because your game kept locking up or something.

I don't think Bethesda should name the game that, gives too much people easy fodder.

What?
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#8SkarynPosted 6/11/2012 6:51:45 AM
Stalhrim is a material used by the nords to make weapons and armor, and also for us in their burial mounds. It is basically ice that doesn't melt and is super strong. It was introduced in a Morrowind expansion and people are surprised it isn't in Skyrim.

Someone did attempt a stalhrim mod very early on. It was a replaced for the orcish sword and shield. Looked promising.
---
{)xxx[]::::::::::::::::::::::::> 11.11.11 <::::::::::::::::::::::::))xxx()
#9SlakrPosted 6/11/2012 9:40:06 AM
One of the quests in Skyrim suggests that there is only one small place where "ice that doesn't melt" can be found. But only the pacifist greybeards and the dragonborn can get to it. That doesn't make it likely for such weapons/armor to be produced anymore. Maybe put a weapon/armor set in the game as artifacts?
---
Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in this galaxy that can make that claim.