The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Just bought a new controller for the pc...

#1Dragon_StrikerPosted 8/6/2012 9:45:10 PM
So I just bought a controller for my PC because I just couldn't get used to the controls. I have it all set up but there is one problem. It is set to use the Dpad and not the left stick to move my character. Everything else is perfect, just this one problem. Is there anyway to change this? I looked through the controls list but didn't see a movement option.
#2Zmapper33Posted 8/6/2012 9:56:39 PM
If you have a console like ps3 or xbox360 you could use that as a controller you didn't have to buy a PC one.
#3ps2man617Posted 8/6/2012 10:01:17 PM
I use the wired Xbox controller, but you can use something called Xpadder. Look up on google Xpadder free version, because im sure the current version you have to pay for :/
---
Xbox Live GamerTag: PannicC
"In the Country of the Blind, the One-Eyed Man is King" H.G. Wells
#4Dragon_Striker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 10:13:56 PM
I tried using my ps3 controller but it didn't work. I had it plugged in using the cord it came with. I'll try using it again tomorrow morning before I start work. If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how I should set it up?
#5SlakrPosted 8/6/2012 10:19:20 PM
What kind of controller did you get (that's kind of important information)?

If you have a Logitech controller, there might be a button on it marked "Mode" or "Analog." This button is used to alternate the left analog stick with the D-pad. Other manufacturers might use a similar button.

Also, which controller emulator are you using (that's kind of important, too)?

There might be a setting in the controller emulator that lets you swap the D-pad for the analog stick.
---
Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in this galaxy that can make that claim.
#6Dragon_Striker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 10:36:40 PM
I am using a logitech controller. I do not know what kind of emulator I'm using.
#7thatfool12GsPosted 8/6/2012 11:30:43 PM
I just bought the Razer Nostromo from Best Buy..its a great controller, but I think the deal breaker for Skyrim would be that the built in stick is digital..no pressure sensitive sneak etc..is there something similiar with an analog stick?
#8SlakrPosted 8/7/2012 3:58:06 AM
Dragon_Striker posted...
I am using a logitech controller. I do not know what kind of emulator I'm using.

Which Logitech controller are you using, specifically? Someone who has the same controller might be able to give you a precise answer. If you don't know what emulator you are using, that suggests that you may not be using one at all. Skyrim is programmed to work with an XBox 360 controller; any other controller needs to be emulated. The most popular emulators are x360ce and MotionJoy.

thatfool12Gs posted...
I just bought the Razer Nostromo from Best Buy..its a great controller, but I think the deal breaker for Skyrim would be that the built in stick is digital..no pressure sensitive sneak etc..is there something similiar with an analog stick?

A controller using an analog stick is pressure sensitive as you would expect. Your digital controller stick is essentially the same as using keyboard controls, which is very limited.
---
Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in this galaxy that can make that claim.
#9Dragon_Striker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 9:10:04 AM
Ok, so I don't know what I did but when I turned it on this morning the left stick controlled the character. But there is one thing I'm not so sure about. It feels a little off when I'm turning with or without a bow. I changed the look sensitivity but it still feels off. I don't know if it means anything but I have my computer connected to the projector. Think that would be causing it or something else?
#10pokemeisterPosted 8/7/2012 10:06:27 AM
Dragon_Striker posted...
I tried using my ps3 controller but it didn't work. I had it plugged in using the cord it came with. I'll try using it again tomorrow morning before I start work. If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how I should set it up?

Google "Motioninjoy". That's the program/driver that let's the PS3 controller work in windows.
---
Out of personal preference, I do not use glitches to sequence break games, or skip required items.