Home Construction and Decoration (a dynamic, fully customizable housing mod)

#1CarlzillaPosted 9/27/2012 1:56:18 PM(edited)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=90722323
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22791/

FEATURES
=-=-=-=-=-=
- Build your home anywhere, not just in pre-determined locations.
- 9 Different house styles/layouts.
- Easy to use mouse based object placement coupled with dialog based fine adjustments.
- Easy to use clutter assistant. Lock any grabbable object in place, physics free, to aid your house decoration.
- Over 150 furniture items in a variety of styles.
- Basic farming/animal tending.
- Furniture crafting on the carpentry table.
- Lore friendly paintings for your walls.

DESCRIPTION
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Have you ever found a spot while wandering through Skyrim and thought to yourself "Man, I really wish I could build a home there."? Well, now you can.

This mod adds the ability to construct a home where ever you see fit to do so. Giving you the power to adjust it's placement and rotation to get it just where you want it. Then, you can bring materials to a carpenter's table to construct furniture for your new home. Then you can use the Scrolls of Decoration to place and move your new furniture anywhere in the house. All the basics are currently available, with more stuff on the way. It's a time consuming, but very rewarding process to decorate your house the way you want it. No more prefabs.

This is basically what Hearthfire should have been in regards to house/furniture placement.
---
Never trusted preachers, I hate priests; I'd rather worship the unholy beast!
last.fm/user/Carlzilla // rateyourmusic.com/~RlyehLiberationFront
#2simsamsalabimPosted 9/27/2012 1:58:14 PM
It's hard out here fo' a pimp
#3LordAizenSamaPosted 9/27/2012 1:58:28 PM
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22330

Unless there's some compatibility issue, I feel like these two mods would go great together.
---
The Heart.
#4Carlzilla(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 2:05:22 PM
No compatibility issues with Tundra Defense, though I don't personally use it.
---
#5Carlzilla(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:16:14 PM
So, before I anyone asks, I can confirm that this mod is fully compatible with Hearthfire. I used the house building mechanic in Hearthfire to build a complete, but totally empty, version of the Lakeside Manor house, and then I furnished it using my mod instead of the default (garbage) Hearthfire method. You can disable the useless interior furniture workbenches from the main workbench outside.

Some things that are exclusive to Hearthfire, like the oven and children's beds will still need to be placed using their default method and can not be moved at this time. Apparently we will need a CK update before any Hearthfire stuff is able to be edited in the CK.

Once we get a CK update, I will create a separate module for placing Hearthfire furniture in the HCAD way, but until then, you'll just have to deal with the very small number of objects that HF adds (most are default objects, and most of those are included in HCAD) that can't be manipulated in this way...yet.
---
#6SlakrPosted 10/4/2012 10:07:07 PM
Carl, my main (and, really, only) complaint about Tundra Defense is that it is not controller-friendly. Does HCAD give consideration to those of us who prefer to use a controller?
---
Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in this galaxy that can make that claim.
#7ff8ff8Posted 10/4/2012 10:23:52 PM
If you're using a controller, then that's your problem.
---
So the last vid card i asked about was crap. Is this better? -chia
That's a motherboard.-lfcmaestro8
#8Carlzilla(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 6:36:43 AM
Slakr posted...
Carl, my main (and, really, only) complaint about Tundra Defense is that it is not controller-friendly. Does HCAD give consideration to those of us who prefer to use a controller?

It should be controller friendly as it doesn't rely on SKSE keypress commands. I opted for mouse movement of the objects instead. Since the controller emulates the mouse functions on one of the sticks, it should in theory work fine with a controller.

However, I don't own a PC controller and certainly don't use one, so I can't say how fine tuned for the controller use it is.
---