Requesting feedback on mod

#1NeoDaigoPosted 10/3/2012 7:25:44 PM
Shameless advertising ftw.

I'm looking for feedback on my mod, Combat Remastered, at http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24377. Adjusts combat mechanics (new armor formula for the player, timed blocks, stamina regen/benefit changes) and has new melee perks to go along with them. It's a bit more flamboyant than Duel or other realistic combat mods, but I still hope that this mod deepens melee combat.

What has been said so far is nice, but I'm looking for opinions on balance, not to mention more traffic.

Thanks and enjoy!
#2aamfirdausPosted 10/4/2012 8:15:47 AM
I'll check it out later. However, I'll pass if it modifies the combat system too much. With patch 1.7, I think enemy is smarter. They block every time I attack. I wonder if yours offer deeper combat.
#3kyosuke34Posted 10/4/2012 8:48:45 AM
I will probally give it a go , tired of my current combat modification mod
---
The mmo that beats wow will be the first that tries not to .
#4NeoDaigo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:55:38 PM
Thanks! It doesn't change enemy AI yet (I'd like them to hang back and rest when at low stamina, but can't figure out how to do that yet). but it should give reason to regularly level your stamina. The basic system changes aren't too far fetched (they're similar to many features in other combat mods), but the new perks are a bit more colourful. Hopefully they don't stretch suspension of disbelief too far.
#5SushiSquidPosted 10/4/2012 5:05:35 PM
Quick bit of advice: always add an image. Even if it's just some generic shot you took that doesn't showcase the mod at all, add an image anyway. The flashier it is the better, so show off your Photoshop skills (GIMP in my case) if you can.

This will get you far more attention and downloads than leaving no image.
#6vegeta2002Posted 10/4/2012 7:14:54 PM(edited)
I thought you meant a gamefaqs moderator. That would've been an extremely interesting thread.

I personally think gfaqs moderators are awesome people, but I hear a majority of people think that they suck. Freakin' animals...
#7NeoDaigo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 5:15:44 AM(edited)
Title and perk tree images added. Thanks for the the advice.

I'm compiling ideas for the magic module at the moment, looking at SkyRe, Empowered Magic, etc. One thing I'd like to try is making Illusion spells work off the target's current stats. For example, Rage could check current Magicka, Fear checks Health, Calm checks Stamina. This would also allow Illusion magnitudes to scale with skill and have some non-random chance of working against any foe that isn't outright immune.
#8NeoDaigo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 1:03:29 AM
Bump for update, added a magic perk/scaling module. The mod is now more-or-less feature complete. I plan on doing mostly balance tweaks/bugfixing from here on, maybe some independant optional addons. It would help at this point if anyone could point out significant imbalances or broken concepts before taking this out of beta.