Buying wood

#1ISF_Lmaokai_TMHPosted 10/8/2012 11:45:32 PM
So I go to hert at the half-moon mill to buy wood for my hearthfire house near falkreath and the second I buy wood, a f***ing ancient dragon swoops down out of the sky and f***ing one shots her. Shes dead now, I've lost a ton of gold and idk how to get the wood now >.>.
Is there another place to get the wood or what?
---
IGN: Ctenidae / Nemichthyidae
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lmaokai
#2DrageiPosted 10/9/2012 12:05:34 AM
Your steward can be asked to buy wood at about the same rate, I believe. If you're starting from the beginning, I believe you start with enough cut logs to make the basic small house.
#3RabillionPosted 10/9/2012 12:26:25 AM
Same thing happened to me too, except none of the NPCs died.

And yes, your steward can buy the materials, don't worry. Except buying clay and stone is useless when you can just do it yourself for free.
#4aamfirdausPosted 10/9/2012 2:47:48 AM
Wow, one-shot killed by a dragon. Beside the recommendation above, I think you should install a mod that prevent NPC die, except by your character. I currently install Mighty Dragon and plus a mod that prevent NPC die, including vendor and quest-giver.
#5Upman80Posted 10/9/2012 3:10:36 AM
A dragon spawned while I was in Pelagius' mind with naught but the Wabbajack. Beat that.
And this isn't the console version. Use the *khem? console. You can either:
Resurrect her.
Reload the save, select the dragon in console and kill it before it does any harm
Reload the game and make the shopkeeper essential ( immortal )
Spawn the shopkeeper again

If you're into roleplaying you can do the things other people mentioned above but keep in mind that if that really would happen then someone would replace that shopkeeper - sadly that doesn't happen in the game. I wonder if there is a mod for that...
#6EricxPosted 10/9/2012 4:53:25 AM
Just go to Riverwood.