Possible to Make Wife/Husband into a Steward? Or Vice-Versa, Marry My Steward?

#1Death DurronPosted 10/9/2012 7:59:09 AM
I recently found out Lydia can be married, didn't see this option before but I guess a recent patch changed this. Given how she's guarded my home, Breezehome, since the start of the game I felt from a roleplaying point of view she's the most trusted person I got. Though I think a bug got her stuck in a chair since I started playing the game so she was kinda forced to guard my home/room regardless. I always wondered why she did not return to her own bed at night....... >_>

Anyway, I had already made her my steward and practically done with the house. Even with the Amulet of Mara on I'm not getting the trigger to marry her. Could this not be possible or might I be missing something?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated,

Thank you
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#2red255Posted 10/9/2012 8:02:34 AM
what about a mod that lets you marry your horse, and make your horse your steward.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#3Death Durron(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:18:40 AM(edited)
red255 posted...
what about a mod that lets you marry your horse, and make your horse your steward.

If that horse can be Shadowmere I'm all for it. Dunno how many times at the start he saved my arse by "tanking" the various bandits and dragons. Though I was surprise he "died" in the battle for Whiterun when defending against the horde of Stormcloaks. I didn't expect their combined damage to overcome his high health regen.

Jokes aside I'll like to avoid the whole bestiality thing. I don't want to mount Shadowmere in that manner..... :P
---
#4Death Durron(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:17:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5VertaniusPosted 10/9/2012 8:29:07 AM
I have Lydia as a steward and I get the marriage option when the amulet on.
#6Death Durron(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 10:11:41 AM
Vertanius posted...
I have Lydia as a steward and I get the marriage option when the amulet on.

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll try it again later.
---
#7yutterhPosted 10/9/2012 11:21:34 AM
From what i here there is a glitch that makes it so you can't marry her.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Marriage

talks about the glitches that can happen and how to resolve them.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender