Problem with playing this on Windows 8. (can't get out of windowed mode)

#1triple sPosted 10/30/2012 8:02:11 AM
Like the topic says, I can't seem to get out of windowed mode and it's annoying. I want to play this full screen but I can't. Anyone else have this problem, if so is there a fix?
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#2pyro_buntaPosted 10/30/2012 8:41:27 AM
You tried everything? Alt+Enter, checking the Options and settings in the Skyrim Launcher? Check the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in Documents/MyGames/Skyrim ?
---
...if you know what I mean
#3EnclavePosted 10/30/2012 10:16:40 AM
Not to rag on you or anything but this is why you never buy into a Windows OS as soon as it's released.

People should stick with Windows 7 until at least the next iteration of Windows.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#4FreyonPosted 10/30/2012 10:43:35 AM
Second that. In my experience, never buy any Windows until SP1.
#5EnclavePosted 10/30/2012 10:52:10 AM
Freyon posted...

Eh, it goes beyond that. Never buy Windows until the next iteration. For instance, don't go from XP to Vista, just skip it and go right to Windows 7.

Another example. When on Windows 98 you shouldn't have gone to Windows ME. Skip it and go right to XP.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#6ff8ff8Posted 10/30/2012 11:02:43 AM
Huh, I've never encountered any issues with any game or program so far.
Did you do an upgrade or clean install?
Did you install all of your drivers, or let windows install them?

Ignore the haters, they've obviously never even used W8.
---
So the last vid card i asked about was crap. Is this better? -chia
That's a motherboard.-lfcmaestro8
#7triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2012 11:13:50 AM
Enclave posted...
Not to rag on you or anything but this is why you never buy into a Windows OS as soon as it's released.

People should stick with Windows 7 until at least the next iteration of Windows.

$15 upgrade and it's worth more than that so far. Windows 8 is a much better than I expected but of course there's going to be an issue here and there.
---
#8triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2012 11:14:42 AM
ff8ff8 posted...
Huh, I've never encountered any issues with any game or program so far.
Did you do an upgrade or clean install?
Did you install all of your drivers, or let windows install them?

Ignore the haters, they've obviously never even used W8.

I upgraded, so all my files were left. I could try a clean install of Skyrim I guess.
---
#9Thalantyr1216Posted 10/30/2012 12:32:48 PM
Enclave posted...
Freyon posted...

Eh, it goes beyond that. Never buy Windows until the next iteration. For instance, don't go from XP to Vista, just skip it and go right to Windows 7.

Another example. When on Windows 98 you shouldn't have gone to Windows ME. Skip it and go right to XP.

You're contradicting yourself.

Waiting until the next iteration doesn't mean skip. It means you should have started using Vista when 7 came out, and should now be transitioning to Windows 7. You seem to be suggesting skipping every other iteration, which, while that might pan out occasionally certainly isn't guaranteed to do so.
#10No_Life_GamerPosted 10/30/2012 1:21:00 PM
If you can't find a fix, search for SBW on the Nexus. It's not a fix, but it'll make windowed mode look like full screen.
---
The Elder Scrolls Online Forum - http://www.tesof.com/