Wtf? It's not possible to use the mouse in the menus?

#11pyro_buntaPosted 11/13/2012 7:26:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12bionicman_3090Posted 11/13/2012 7:36:48 AM
Enclave posted...
The mouse selection in the vanilla menu is really incredibly pathetic. Do yourself a favour and get SkyUI as soon as you possibly can.

.... And have a look at Categorized Favorites Menu and Quality World Map for starters.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#13pyro_buntaPosted 11/13/2012 7:55:03 AM
You're using an old version of Skyrim.

Press Esc, and look at the bottom left of the game options. What is your Skyrim version?
---
...if you know what I mean
#14TruOnyxfirePosted 11/13/2012 9:35:22 AM
Just curious... but.. how do any of these replies try to answer the question that was asked?

SlashmanSG posted...
Sounds like a personal problem. My mouse works just fine.

The poster didn't ask for snarky comments about how your mouse works, who cares if *your* mouse works? His/Hers doesn't work and they are asking for ideas to help fix it, if possible.
The poster isn't taking a poll about whose mouse does work.

Enclave posted...
The mouse selection in the vanilla menu is really incredibly pathetic. Do yourself a favour and get SkyUI as soon as you possibly can.

Succubus191 posted...
SkyUI makes the menu system more PC friendly. The downfall of the default menu is that it's a direct port of the console version. This works great for using a joystick to navigate the menu but not so much for a mouse.

Nor is the poster asking about what mods you like to use for a UI. Even if the poster got SkyUI, he/she still can't navigate it using the mouse, which is what the problem is. SkyUI or other mods aren't going to fix a mouse problem. Meaning the topic of SkyUI is completely off-topic and irrelevent to this problem.

bionicman_3090 posted...
Enclave posted...

.... And have a look at Categorized Favorites Menu and Quality World Map for starters.

Again.. giving advice on mods to get.. how does that fix the mouse not working? No interface or mod is going to solve mouse issues, so why post about them here? People obviously have no clue how frustrating it is to someone needing help and then see their question got a reply and maybe someone found a fix, just to open the boards and see the posts are just random spamming about what mods people like, for some reason. If you don't have anything to add that can actually help or at least be near on-topic, please just make your posts on a suitable board topic thread.
#15Brenz0rPosted 11/13/2012 9:41:55 AM
Yian Yan posted...
Lucavi000 posted...
Yes, you are stuck with Keyboard only controls. Welcome to 1993.

On topic, no, and you can use the mouse in those menus but its wonky as hell.

Seconded, from my experience.

Thirded here, at least for the default UI the game ships with (it's a result of the game being a console port, as was said).
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#16EnclavePosted 11/13/2012 1:54:12 PM
TruOnyxfire posted...
Nor is the poster asking about what mods you like to use for a UI. Even if the poster got SkyUI, he/she still can't navigate it using the mouse, which is what the problem is. SkyUI or other mods aren't going to fix a mouse problem. Meaning the topic of SkyUI is completely off-topic and irrelevent to this problem.

SkyUI is very relevant. When Skyrim first came out I had a LOT of trouble using the mouse to navigate the menu. It was flat out horrible. SkyUI though fixed all my problems with the menu.

Thus, it's relevant. If the TC tries out SkyUI he could very well find out that his UI issues are gone.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#17TruOnyxfirePosted 11/13/2012 5:54:24 PM
Enclave posted...
TruOnyxfire posted...

SkyUI is very relevant. When Skyrim first came out I had a LOT of trouble using the mouse to navigate the menu. It was flat out horrible. SkyUI though fixed all my problems with the menu.

Thus, it's relevant. If the TC tries out SkyUI he could very well find out that his UI issues are gone.

How does a different UI *in the game* fix a mouse problem? He can't navigate any menu with a mouse, so how does a new menu layout solve the issue of no mouse? SkyUI doesn't come with mouse driver software or options to configure a mouse, so it can't control whether a mouse works or not.

Maybe SkyUI may let him navigate with the KB easier without a mouse at all, but it wont *fix* a mouse problem. In my personal experience, SkyUI has never worked properly, it just crashes Skyrim, even if it is the only mod on the game.
#18pyro_buntaPosted 11/13/2012 6:29:56 PM
I already said that TC is probably using an old version of Skyrim. Patch it to the new one.
---
...if you know what I mean
#19EnclavePosted 11/13/2012 8:17:05 PM
TruOnyxfire posted...
Enclave posted...
TruOnyxfire posted...

How does a different UI *in the game* fix a mouse problem? He can't navigate any menu with a mouse, so how does a new menu layout solve the issue of no mouse? SkyUI doesn't come with mouse driver software or options to configure a mouse, so it can't control whether a mouse works or not.

Maybe SkyUI may let him navigate with the KB easier without a mouse at all, but it wont *fix* a mouse problem. In my personal experience, SkyUI has never worked properly, it just crashes Skyrim, even if it is the only mod on the game.

Because something as general as saying that he cannot navigate using the mouse doesn't give us a specific problem he's having.

For instance, the issue I had. When I would click on the menu to either select an item or even move to another part of the menu the game would VERY often think I clicked outside of the menu and went back. SkyUI fixed that issue for me. Had you asked me when the game released I would have told you that it was not possible to use the mouse in the menu, it was way too spotty.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#20splift1111Posted 11/13/2012 9:02:34 PM
The way you can basically only use the mouse to replace the enter key is retarted(having to actually scroll to the desired function with the mouse wheel/keys). Makes it feel like the game was made for consoles and adapted to pc, not the other way around and put a bad taste in my mouth when playing the game for the first time.