The game closed on me outta nowhere.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. The game closed on me outta nowhere.

User Info: The_Limit

The_Limit
4 years ago#1
I was right in the middle of a killing spree! lol. Anyone else experience closes?
Tsukiumi <3
PSN: TheLimit32

User Info: Lucavi000

Lucavi000
4 years ago#2
Yes, usually means there is a mod conflict or something of that nature.
i dont play singleplayer games too much. I beat it then quit it, like my exgirlfriends. -- Little Zardar

The_Limit
4 years ago#3
Oh, I see. Is there a way I can fix it or does that mean I have to uninstall some mods?
Tsukiumi <3

User Info: FOOTBALLfan0014

FOOTBALLfan0014
4 years ago#4
I have had that happen before, my anti-virus scanned and somehow that took enough resources from my CPU to force-close my game.
" For things like online passes, make a better game and people wont trade it in." - Todd Howard

User Info: Yian Yan

Yian Yan
4 years ago#5
My vanilla Skyrim did that all the time (well not frequently but it was a big cause of my over-zealous use of quicksaves). I found it too funny that my game was there one second and without blinking I was all of a sudden staring at my desktop without so much as a screen flash or anything to trigger the recognition of a transition from program to nothing to actually be mad about it.

Still find it amazing how well Skyrim crashes: so smooth.
DWO - Wei - from Yong Chang

The_Limit
4 years ago#6
Oh, so I'm guessing it isn't too serious then. I'm new to the game and didn't know if it would be a big problem or something, lol.
Tsukiumi <3

User Info: geno_16

geno_16
4 years ago#7
I get it occasionally, I just assume it's the crashes associated with playing a game by Bethesda. I've never played a Bethesda game that didn't have random, unexplainable CTDs. At least Skyrim is far better than Fallout 3 and New Vegas were.

If you start getting them a lot, like every 30 minutes or less, then you've probably got a problem. Otherwise it's probably nothing worth worrying about.
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1797/fella.jpg

User Info: SuperSocrates

SuperSocrates
4 years ago#8
Only had them with some mod conflicts, otherwise game is pretty smooth.
Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

User Info: pyro_bunta

pyro_bunta
4 years ago#9
1) Recently downloaded mods?

2) What were you doing when it crashed?
...if you know what I mean
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. The game closed on me outta nowhere.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived