looking for fully voiced skyrim quest mods

#1deathsiePosted 12/9/2012 12:07:05 PM
I have the game on Xbox and burnt through all the content. i am interested in getting the game for PC when it goes on a steam sale. However I don't really care about max settings and graphics mods. I want more quest content that is near to the level of the quests that are already in the game

I have read about large scale mods that have added whole new quest lines with fully voiced original characters. I would really love a list of these mods so that I can do more research about them.
#2darkbeamPosted 12/9/2012 12:56:45 PM
you wont find many if any mods that are fully voiced over especially for quests

these are mods, not publisher backed developers

also god forbid you have to read in a quest
#3electricheadMPosted 12/9/2012 8:26:19 PM
Moonpath to Elswyr is the only decent fully voiced one I know of, but I haven't touched this game in a few months.
---
Semper Fidelis
#4SlakrPosted 12/9/2012 9:26:43 PM
god forbid you have to read in a quest

I find subtitles annoying, so they are turned off in my game. That means characters which are not voiced just stand there and look stupid; there is nothing for me to read. It's perfectly reasonable for TC to ask for mods to be fully voiced. He never asked that they be professionally voiced.

TC, you might look up Vilja and Cerwiden, which are fully voiced companion mods with quests.
---
Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in this galaxy that can make that claim.
#5Kaisar_DragonPosted 12/10/2012 1:17:01 AM
Morrowind was fine without voice, but having content in Skyrim that has NPCs using text just feels out of place. If there was a completely silent NPC that was only talking to me through subtitles, I'd recycle his script and/or kill him. Just disrupts the flow somehow. Many modders go the extra mile and voice them so they blend in well with the feel of the game. I keep forgetting Willow in Fallout NV is a mod. >.<
---
This space has been annexed by the NCR.
#6Lord_BadmagicPosted 12/10/2012 2:21:20 AM
The problem with VA mods is they are a whole new level of immersion shattering when compared to silent lines, look at something like the Skyrim version of Vilja, arguable one of the best companion mods around, unusable due to the VA having a gob full of marbles.
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"
#7SpideyknightPosted 12/11/2012 6:01:11 AM
Lord_Badmagic posted...
The problem with VA mods is they are a whole new level of immersion shattering when compared to silent lines, look at something like the Skyrim version of Vilja, arguable one of the best companion mods around, unusable due to the VA having a gob full of marbles.

Gah, exactly. How does that mod have so many endorsements? Look I know it's a cool companion and a lot of work went into it but my god man, did no one listen to her before they posted it on the nexus? I'd love to use her but her voice is terrible and her enunciation is worse.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#8deathsie(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 8:59:41 PM
Lord_Badmagic posted...

I saw the Vilja mod videos, they just sound swedish to me, which I thought was the point. Besides the characters accents make more sense in Skyrim than they did in oblivion.

As as already been said. I like the idea of consistency in the game. If someone makes a quest line that dosn't have NPCs and uses books or scrolls for the exposition, thats fine. But this isn't morrowind. It breaks my immersion to have mute characters in skyrim.

I have seen Moonpath, and Wyrmstooth. I think more mods like those are what I am after.
#9SlakrPosted 12/13/2012 9:04:55 PM
they just sound swedish to me

Emma (the voice actor and author of Vilja) is Swedish. Unfortunately, some people lack taste and can't stand a Swedish accent, so you get the two posts above yours.
---
Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in this galaxy that can make that claim.
#10pyro_buntaPosted 12/13/2012 10:10:03 PM
Trust me TC. Once you start modding, it's either all the way through or none. Almost like a bottle of skooma.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865