Anyone with an XBOX that has DragonBorn DLC?

#1ELDuranPosted 1/11/2013 5:48:34 PM
I was wondering if we have to be a certain LV to be able to go to the Island of Solstheim? I'm starting a new character once DG is released for PC and would like to go check the Island out. Possible at LV1? Thanks!
---
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.
#2Stormvale12Posted 1/11/2013 6:19:03 PM
All I know is that you have to have at least been to the greybeards before you are able to travel to solstheim.
---
White FC: 3912 3374 0511
#3Gray_wolf1119Posted 1/11/2013 6:35:01 PM
@storm thats incorrect.

You can travel to Solstheim at any point, just cost 500 gold at the windhelm docks. To start the main quest in Dragonborn, however, you have to start the horn of jurgen windcaller and get attacked by the cultists (which can happen anywhere in the overworld).

Once you visit solstheim you can fast travel there at any point, but you cannot fast travel directly to another city in solstheim from skyrim.

Ex. You can fast travel from whiterun to solstheim but you cant fast travel from whiterun to one of the villages there.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#4ry_mannPosted 1/11/2013 8:31:38 PM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
@storm thats incorrect.

You can travel to Solstheim at any point, just cost 500 gold at the windhelm docks. To start the main quest in Dragonborn, however, you have to start the horn of jurgen windcaller and get attacked by the cultists (which can happen anywhere in the overworld).

Once you visit solstheim you can fast travel there at any point, but you cannot fast travel directly to another city in solstheim from skyrim.

Ex. You can fast travel from whiterun to solstheim but you cant fast travel from whiterun to one of the villages there.

Correct. To elaborate more clearly.

The Dragonborn DLC will become available after you begin "The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller." Once you begin that quest, Cultist will begin randomly appearing in Skyrim. Once you come across them then the Dragonborn quest line will 'officially' start. You can begin it earlier however. Simply travel to Windhelm, look for the docks. There is a ship that will take you to Solstheim. You can initiate the Dragonborn quest line from there.

You can fast travel between Skyrim and Solstheim but it is limited. You can be in any Skyrim location (outdoors) and select Solstheim as a fast travel option but it will always take you to the docks in Solstheim. This is the same in reverse. You can fast travel to Skyrim from any outdoors location in Solstheim but you will automatically be taken to the Windhelm docks.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#5ELDuran(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 10:17:05 AM
Nice thanks guys. I'm starting a new character when DB is released for PC. But before I even start the real playthrough I'm going to use a save I have with zero mods installed, just a plain vanilla skyrim. And I want to check out the new island first, mess around then after I had my taste of the Island kill that character re-install all my mods and start from the beginning. Just wanted to make sure that was possible. Thanks!
---
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.