Best balanced magic mod

#11aamfirdausPosted 1/18/2013 11:54:52 PM(edited)
Honestly, without mods, most enemies do not level up to 81. The most challenging will be Deadly Dragons. And Apocalypse has been nerfed by request, since it was so OP that can kill a dragon with only one spell. Besides, Better Magics add damage with mastery perks.
#12SixpakPosted 1/19/2013 12:40:11 AM
The new "balanced magic" mod actually has turned out to be really good. And the best spell mod out there, which isn't getting near the attention it should have is Forgotten Magic. There is less spells, but the spells themselves are excellent and level up. With 7 perks per spell that changed the way the spell functions as it levels up. It's amazing.

I have Forgotten Magic, Phenderix and apocalypse. I only ever use the spells from Forgotten Magic now. The rest is just there for ASIS to apply to NPC's.
---
360 Gamertag: kapxis
#13aamfirdausPosted 1/19/2013 1:52:25 AM
Sixpak posted...
I only ever use the spells from Forgotten Magic now. The rest is just there for ASIS to apply to NPC's.

Do you notice enemy uses Apocalypose spell or Midas Magics adter patching ASIS? I do that, but enemy still uses vanilla spells.
#14EchosidesPosted 1/19/2013 6:07:50 AM
RKOL3G3NDK1LL3R posted...
when you say its balance
can it handle level 81 enemies scaling enemies, deadly dragon, and warzones fights?

I was able to four shot a frost Blood Dragon with a dual cast Fire Blast(Forgotten Magic) max leveled (With damage upgrade and damage over time upgrade) while using Better Magic/TSSSSS(Master Destruction Perk and the Fire Perks) with the destruction casting form from ACE with Deadly Dragons on insane. My equipment was non-hooded Archmage Robes, Nightweaver Band, heavy armor helm/gloves/boots/left ring/necklace all enchanted with +destruction spell magnitude. (Not at max enchanting skill so single enchant and using no potions to boost enchanting.)

On the same note... I got eaten by a fire blood dragon a day later... Stupid dragons with resistance to my specialty.

Also if memory serves Warzone fights don't level very high. It's been awhile since I've bothered with that thing so I could be wrong. Way too many saved scripts.
---
People are sheep they whine and bleet waiting for someone else to do all the work, then when it happens they celebrate like they single handily won a great war.
#15LenneValkiryePosted 1/19/2013 1:21:54 PM
Deadly Dragons Spell was my favorite but it was apparently taken down recently.
Such a shame.
#16FreyonPosted 1/19/2013 4:02:37 PM
It wasn't taken down, just renamed. It became its own thing separated from DD. Forgottten Magic = Deadly Dragons Spells.
#17DeathpointPosted 1/19/2013 11:57:13 PM
Mighty Magic doesn't get repped enough around here in my opinion.
#18SixpakPosted 1/20/2013 2:28:46 AM
aamfirdaus posted...
Sixpak posted...
I only ever use the spells from Forgotten Magic now. The rest is just there for ASIS to apply to NPC's.

Do you notice enemy uses Apocalypose spell or Midas Magics adter patching ASIS? I do that, but enemy still uses vanilla spells.

Rarely. I'm sure the spells copy to npc's just fine since the rest of ASIS seems to be working right, but the AI doesn't seem to choose to use those spells too often. Definitely not the unique ones, just the elemental ones are all i ever see. The slow moving lightning orb has been the most distinguishable i can see. ( unless it's a new vanilla spell added by dawnguard )
---
360 Gamertag: kapxis
#19aamfirdausPosted 1/20/2013 3:52:33 AM
Deathpoint posted...
Mighty Magic doesn't get repped enough around here in my opinion.

This is a good one, but not compatible with overhaul mods or Better Magics and Simple Scaling System . Good one if you want to use other mods than Batter Magics adn Apocalypse.
#20LenneValkiryePosted 1/20/2013 4:14:10 AM
Freyon posted...
It wasn't taken down, just renamed. It became its own thing separated from DD. Forgottten Magic = Deadly Dragons Spells.

It's really not the same. Many spells were removed, as well as the totem system.