Auriels Shield vs. Spellbreaker

#1alienhamsterPosted 1/23/2013 6:20:20 PM
Trying to decide which one to improve and use endgame.

From what I've heard, Auriels can be improved better because it recieves a bonus from the elvish smithing perk. The absorb effect is also pretty neat and unique.

However

spellbreaker has better base defense and has that amazing ward-esque ability.

Which is better endgame?
---
Official Ramza Beoulve & Balthier Bunansa of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
White: 3654 2756 9294
#2bionicman_3090Posted 1/23/2013 6:28:04 PM
Auriel's Shield's "unique" ability is pretty much a waste since you can use Unrelenting Force.

Spellbreaker's Ward effect increases in magnitude depending on your block skill. The Ward absorb perk from Restoration skill will help you a lot as well.

So, it's Spellbreaker all the way, unless you plan on creating your own shield with magic resistance and fortify block.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#3AdrenasPosted 1/23/2013 10:00:21 PM
bionicman_3090 posted...
Auriel's Shield's "unique" ability is pretty much a waste since you can use Unrelenting Force.

Spellbreaker's Ward effect increases in magnitude depending on your block skill. The Ward absorb perk from Restoration skill will help you a lot as well.

So, it's Spellbreaker all the way, unless you plan on creating your own shield with magic resistance and fortify block.

A legendary dragonscale/bone shield with 45% fortify block and 22% magic resistance is totally boss. I raise my shield and sprint into spellcasters while shrugging off the damage and then laughing as I knock them on their arse. I don't know if it works as well without the 30% magic resistance from alteration perks and 50% elemental resistance from the block perk though. Spellbreaker might be better in that case, but i've never liked the idea of being staggered and lowering my shield from the ward breaking.
---
I used to be an internet troll like you, but then I took an arrow in my immaturity.