Climates of Tamriel & realistic lighting overhaul issues

#1MrSamuelAdam4Posted 1/29/2013 9:19:59 AM
When I use either one of these mods. They don't seem to make my game all that much darker & it's been driving me nuts. I do notice a difference when it comes to how dark it is but it isn't pitch black at all. I remember playing with both of these mods at separate times & I've never had this issue.

I am using a new monitor but that that shouldn't have changed it to this level. Anyway, if someone can help me, that would be great. Thank you.
#2guamguyravinPosted 1/29/2013 9:34:12 AM
Are you talking about the outside lighting? I think the current version of Realistic Lighting is only for interiors, they said they are working on patches for outside
#3MrSamuelAdam4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:46:43 AM
I'm talking about outside. It's darker but not to my liking as it use to look like when I played Skyrim months ago. COT isn't dark RLO does seem to be darker at times. But like, I can see in the dark still. I remember both of these mods made my nights pitch dark or on every other night it did. I'm not sure what has gone wrong. I'm thinking of uninstalling Skyrim & reinstalling to see if that fixes the problem.
#4MrSamuelAdam4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:48:05 AM
Also, inside & dungeons aren't as dark as they should be too for either mod. It is darker but I can still see with no problem.
#5pyro_buntaPosted 1/29/2013 10:05:32 AM
Are you even sure you installed properly? RLO must be loaded before CoT and you musn't use any of CoT's optional plugins except Vanilla Nights.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#6MrSamuelAdam4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:35:32 AM
I know your trying to help guys but your not getting it fully. I'm not using these mods together.
#7IssilidurPosted 1/29/2013 12:32:48 PM
If you're installing COT with NMM, it gives you an option right there to darken the crap out of your nights. level 1 is darkest, btw, so if you're choosing 4, that's your problem. If you're installing them manually, same problem, I'd guess. Make sure you're using the right level of outdoor darkness esp. As for RLO, I've no idea.
#8BogePosted 1/29/2013 3:10:54 PM
Some caves are brighter than others. Some nights are brighter than others as well.
---
Punctuation goes a long way for comprehension.
#9pyro_buntaPosted 1/30/2013 7:23:56 PM
If you are using an ENB, get the Further Dark Dungeons for ENB mod. It's a fix for bright interiors caused by ENB. It's a bugfix not a lighting mod.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#10xfyrenxPosted 1/30/2013 7:28:59 PM
Or maybe just turn the brightness down on your monitor. CoT makes most nights pitch black for me.
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier