Anyone else terrified of posting on The Nexus?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Anyone else terrified of posting on The Nexus?
3 years ago#31
I am now. Lol.
---
OBJECTION! This Topic Clearly Sucks!
PSN, Steam, Gamertag and Nintendo Net ID: Joseponypants
3 years ago#32
Not at all. I am capable of reading, comprehending, and obeying rules.
---
Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in this galaxy that can make that claim.
3 years ago#33
The example you posted is definitely overly harsh. Rules aren't these things that have NO flexibility. Even bloody RL laws are flexible to a certain degree and circumstances can be taken into account when being charged or arrested. That's definitely something where the persons account was banned rightfully under the rules but only because the moderators are ass***s enforcing all board rules to the letter, without consideration to the circumstance.

I don't comment on that site. I just d/l the mod and GTFO ;p
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
3 years ago#34
Their board their rules. Obviously the harsh regime is not a deterrent for modders. I think the more hardcore love the fact that even the slightest hint of trolling is stamped out. Lets be honest trolls can come in here and post a race or political bait topic without any form of punishment if they word it correctly. The overseers here can be very tolerant at times.

You go to the nexus to get mods, ask for help, or make constructive suggestions. I'd rather they falsely ban an innocent poster occasionally than to let even one troll clog up the board with nonsense.

I come here for ridiculous discussion and entertaining trolling. I go to the nexus to handle modding.
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle
3 years ago#35
I think terrified is too strong a word in this context. Why would you be terrified? The worst that could happen is you can't post there anymore, and that's not the least bit terrifying, heh.
3 years ago#36
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/789197-fabulous-followers-3-nord-girls-no-other-mods-reqd/page__st__60__p__6355015#entry6355015

DrGrimm
If your comment does not fit in to the above criteria then do not post. If you disagree with the content of a file on the site then do not post. Simply ignore the file and move on. If you believe the content of the file breaches the Nexus terms and conditions then please report the file for moderator viewing and move on, do not take matters in to your own hands.

If your comment contains text that is likely to personally offend other users of the site either in the language you use or the message of your text then do not post. We take personal attacks very seriously and you will be banned without warning.

There you have it folks.

#1 If you disagree with what a mod author did with their mod, presumably in part as well as in whole, do not post.
#2 If your comment could possibly offend anyone in any way, shape, or form up to and including being too politically correct and non-offensive do not post.

Basically it boils down to do not post at all. Ever. Period. End of story.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
3 years ago#37
This reminds me of a time when I got banned from Nexus once and one of the mods recognized my IP. They asked me if I was "GunnerMoney", my other account that got banned, I think I lied and said no and he told me to be honest, I decided to come out with it and say yes. He asked why I was on the site if I knew my IP might be noticed, I said I didn't know. But he made me promise not to cause any trouble, he handled it pretty chill, turns out he was the creator of one of my favorite mods for Oblivion too.

If Nexus were full of people like him, I would definitely use it more often. But I like how easy it is to download and sync mods with Skyrim Workshop instead of NMM.

The only mod that really annoyed me during my time at Nexus was buddah, he was always such a power nazi and I'm pretty sure he still helps run the site to this day.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yO2JP.png http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llbrieBkab1qh1sico1_500.gif
3 years ago#38
You go to the nexus to get mods, ask for help, or make constructive suggestions. I'd rather they falsely ban an innocent poster occasionally than to let even one troll clog up the board with nonsense.

I'd be careful about posting "constructive suggestions." For example if they are in relation to a mod the author might find it offensive which in turn would apparently get you banned. Likewise posting "constructive suggestions" means you probably disagreed with something involving said mod, and posting that will apparently get you banned too.

I'm not on the anti-Nexus bandwagon by any means, but from what DrGrimm posted it is quite simply impossible to post constructive criticism or suggestions without getting banned, or at least running the very grave risk of said banning, on that site.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
3 years ago#39
What would happen if you praise the mod? Excessively.
3 years ago#40
Dang, I didn't know posting on nexus was that bad. I have posted there, like asking questions on a mod or reporting glitches, but never have I had any problems with them. Now I don't want to post there any more,
---
Yes, I'm a woman and love video games.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Anyone else terrified of posting on The Nexus?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived