Can't absorb Mirmulnir's soul

#1ChunhwaPosted 2/5/2013 12:58:39 PM(edited)
So I just installed Dragonborn and made a fresh character. Got to the first dragon fight and now his corpse just sits there and I can't absorb his soul. I'm wondering if this is a bug introduced by the DLC or if I broke it somehow.

As a side note, Mirmulnir now speaks! I'm guessing random dragons now have actual lines as well.

EDIT: I managed to fix this bug on my own by loading Dragonborn.esm AFTER the unofficial patches. So yeah, if anyone else gets this problem, try that.
---
Be water, my friend.
#2InvaderEddyPosted 2/5/2013 12:48:53 PM
You're using the USKP. The more recent versions added back dialogue for Mumilnir that is scripted but not recorded in the game files.
---
Steam profile name: Casanova
#3Chunhwa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:54:26 PM
InvaderEddy posted...
You're using the USKP. The more recent versions added back dialogue for Mumilnir that is scripted but not recorded in the game files.

Ah, makes sense. I haven't actually played in a few months.
---
Be water, my friend.
#4InvaderEddyPosted 2/5/2013 1:00:47 PM
I'm not sure about your other problem though. It's a vanilla bug so it's likely there isn't any mod causing it. The best thing you can do is load a previous save and kill him again.
---
Steam profile name: Casanova
#5MortredPosted 2/5/2013 1:02:36 PM
I just ran into my first dragon since installing the DLC (legendary dragon in Raven Rock) and I didn't absorb the soul after killing it either. I'm not sure if that's related to your problem or not.
---
Great eBayer super fast payment A++++++
#6VyddenPosted 2/5/2013 1:50:32 PM(edited)
I just killed a Frost Dragon outside of Winterhold. Didn't get to absorb its soul.

Looks like we've got a bug.

EDIT: Unless... we're not supposed to be able to absorb them once Dragonborn's quest starts. Though that wouldn't make any sense with the above post about the very first dragon.
#7Chunhwa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:28:19 PM
For those who didn't see, I updated the original post. It's definitely a bug introduced in dragonborn, because changing the load order to have it load after the unofficial patches fixed it.
---
Be water, my friend.
#8FreyonPosted 2/5/2013 3:33:11 PM
My take on this is that the bug is triggered by a quest conflict, something the Unofficial Skyrim Patch fixed in the past.

This is not a conflict with ALL Unofficial Patches, if I had to bet on any specific patch being the culprit, that would be the Skyrim one.
#9ated505Posted 2/5/2013 3:37:06 PM
Yep over on the Bethsoft forums the general consensus seems to be that Unofficial Skyrim patch is causing the glitch.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Total War: Shogun 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
#10DaGreatOnelolPosted 2/6/2013 12:19:03 PM
ated505 posted...
Yep over on the Bethsoft forums the general consensus seems to be that Unofficial Skyrim patch is causing the glitch.

i wished i read this before
---
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX