Having trouble activating Dragonborn

#1airscottiePosted 2/5/2013 4:04:31 PM
I hope someone can help me. I bought Dragonborn on steam the day it was released for preorder and activated it from my inventory last night. It downloaded without an issue, told me it was done, and I launched the game. Hard as I try, I cannot get this goddamn DLC to activate. I tried hanging around the major cities, but haven't had any luck. I just run around aimlessly and nothing happens. I went into the steam store and looked at the dragonborn page and it clearly states, "You already own The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn" but that doesn't seem to mean a damn thing. Anyone know of something else I can do to trigger it?
#2IronticsDragonLPosted 2/5/2013 4:07:28 PM
airscottie posted...
I hope someone can help me. I bought Dragonborn on steam the day it was released for preorder and activated it from my inventory last night. It downloaded without an issue, told me it was done, and I launched the game. Hard as I try, I cannot get this goddamn DLC to activate. I tried hanging around the major cities, but haven't had any luck. I just run around aimlessly and nothing happens. I went into the steam store and looked at the dragonborn page and it clearly states, "You already own The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn" but that doesn't seem to mean a damn thing. Anyone know of something else I can do to trigger it?

Just wander around until the cultists attacks you. Also, make sure you finished The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest.
---
If I never played Pokemon during my childhood, am I a poor fool?
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#3MrMonkhousePosted 2/5/2013 4:07:50 PM
Right click Skyrim on the library list -> verify integrity cache
#4ELDuranPosted 2/5/2013 4:09:23 PM
IronticsDragonL posted...
airscottie posted...

Just wander around until the cultists attacks you. Also, make sure you finished The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest.

So we can't visit the new Island as a level 1? I just started but wanted to visit the island. No can do?
---
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.
#5airscottie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:11:22 PM
I've beaten the game so it shouldn't be a quest completion issue. I guess I'll wander around Whiterun for awhile longer and then try verifying the game cache integrity.
#6Bigj089Posted 2/5/2013 4:15:07 PM
ELDuran posted...
airscottie posted...

So we can't visit the new Island as a level 1? I just started but wanted to visit the island. No can do?

As far as I know you can go there but until you do that quest you cant start the main quest for Dragonborn.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#7airscottie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:31:36 PM
Ok now this is getting ridiculous. I verified the game cache and still nothing. This post on Kotaku mentions that if you don't get greeted by a cultist you should "go straight to the Windhelm docks and talk with Gjalund Salt-Sage on the boat" but that person simply does not exists. I checked everywhere on the docks, on the ships, and all throughout Windhelm but nothing. I'm so frustrated.
#8OldDirtyCRPosted 2/5/2013 4:54:25 PM
airscottie posted...
Ok now this is getting ridiculous. I verified the game cache and still nothing. This post on Kotaku mentions that if you don't get greeted by a cultist you should "go straight to the Windhelm docks and talk with Gjalund Salt-Sage on the boat" but that person simply does not exists. I checked everywhere on the docks, on the ships, and all throughout Windhelm but nothing. I'm so frustrated.

Check the Data menu from the launch screen. Is Dragonborn checked?
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#9Bigj089Posted 2/5/2013 4:55:41 PM
Maybe a stupid question but you do have it actually turned on in Data files right? Also try to restart steam.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#10IronticsDragonLPosted 2/5/2013 5:14:23 PM
Bigj089 posted...
ELDuran posted...
airscottie posted...
*Snip*

As far as I know you can go there but until you do that quest you cant start the main quest for Dragonborn.

Yep. You can visit the island at anytime, but to start the Main Quest, you have to do at least up to the horn.
---
If I never played Pokemon during my childhood, am I a poor fool?
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6