How many tries did it take you to kill Miraak?

#11NaberuPosted 2/16/2013 8:22:59 AM
One try. If anything that could possibly screw you are mods that altered dragons in any way, even though it has nothing to do with their animation.

I disable Resilient Dragons and only then my character can mount the dragon correctly. Had no problems with Dragonborn ending. If any, Miraak was....a bit too weak. I am expecting more from the someone who has lived in Apocarypha for so long.
---
"Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"
#12xKynOxPosted 2/16/2013 8:42:06 AM
1st try
#13CradleofFilth01Posted 2/16/2013 9:46:25 AM
Got him the second try. First time, I died to a stupid mistake on my part.
---
My Rig - E8500 @ 4.50Ghz - EVGA 780i FTW - Cooler Master V8 - 4GB G.Skill 1066Mhz
EVGA GTX 460 1GB - HP 22" Widescreen w2207h - Windows 7 64-Bit
#14bionicman_3090(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:32:35 AM
Naberu posted...
I disable Resilient Dragons and only then my character can mount the dragon correctly. Had no problems with Dragonborn ending. If any, Miraak was....a bit too weak. I am expecting more from the someone who has lived in Apocarypha for so long.

Hmmm... could it be 'cause of Deadly Dragons? I didn't experience any glitch when riding Sahrotaar, so, it can't be that mod that's caused so much grief with the final battle for so many players. But I had the "Assault" mode trigger every 45 minutes (real time) and when I came out of the Dwemer ruin with Neloth, a named Dragon attacked us along with 3 other random ones. I read that after killing this named Dragon, Miraak's supposed to appear and absorb its soul. Instead, in my play-through, I didn't see Miraak and I absorbed its soul.

Hopefully, Bugfestda will release a patch for it soon. But if it's caused by Deadly Dragons, then the update should be imminent, but I found no evidence for the mod being the reason for this glitch.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#15Back_StabbathPosted 2/16/2013 11:49:42 AM
6 or 7 times. I got the glitch where neither of us could absorbs souls, even outside the battle, so he'd just stay etheral. Once I fixed it I beat him first time though.
---
http://steamcard.com/do/original/Stabbath.png
http://i.imgur.com/je6LT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/SfV5h.gif
#16createdforthisPosted 2/16/2013 11:59:17 AM
I did it on the first try. No mods, no unofficial patch (Or whatever that crap is)

I just ran up and attacked with my Sword.

Only thing I was bothered by is how the story built up the need of a voice power that had nothing to do with and was useless during the final battle.
#17AylaisPosted 2/16/2013 12:03:07 PM
First try. Acknowledge my coolness.
#18The_Undying_84Posted 2/16/2013 12:09:41 PM
1, and it took like 45 seconds, counting the parts where you can't hurt him.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#19MrPwnzerPosted 2/16/2013 12:28:29 PM
Two tries, but the 2nd one was much better. I didn't realize that I had magic duel installed, so the final battle was pretty neat.
---
Xbox Live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
#20bionicman_3090(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 5:47:24 PM
Back_Stabbath posted...
6 or 7 times. I got the glitch where neither of us could absorbs souls, even outside the battle, so he'd just stay etheral. Once I fixed it I beat him first time though.

How did you fix it? I reloaded my old save and tried that battle again and got the same "Miraak stands and stares like a fool while I chomp on the dragon's soul" glitch. Reloading that part 60 times was enough for me. I felt pretty underwhelmed after I defeated him.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.