Oblivion with skyrim graphics?

#21Door2Light(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:39:43 PM
bionicman_3090 posted...
Door2Light posted...
So would people buy it if they redo oblivion like this? Because I want skyrim gameplay and mechanics in oblivion.

Why would you want a half-decent game play like in Skyrim when you have mods like Unnecessary Violence 2, Deadly Reflex, Duke Patrick's Archery, OOO, Oblivion XP, etc etc and great quest mods like Integration : Stranded Light, etc already available for Oblivion?

Well I'm more focused on the leveling mechanics and graphics. It's true you could use those mods to change the gameplay but those two things are pretty hard to change.
---
"When there is a beginning there is an end. This is the rule" Dante
#22NeninaPosted 2/19/2013 8:12:02 PM
No. Because I've already played it heavily modded and unmodded. BUT. If a magic fairy god waved its wand and instantly transferred it to the Skyrim engine and Bethesda assigned a team to spend the amount of time it takes to make a dlc to put some new stuff in Oblivion, like more quests, then yes.

All this topic does is tempt me to delete Hitman Absolution from my Steam and install Oblivion again.
#23Door2Light(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:14:08 PM
Nenina posted...
No. Because I've already played it heavily modded and unmodded. BUT. If a magic fairy god waved its wand and instantly transferred it to the Skyrim engine and Bethesda assigned a team to spend the amount of time it takes to make a dlc to put some new stuff in Oblivion, like more quests, then yes.

All this topic does is tempt me to delete Hitman Absolution from my Steam and install Oblivion again.

Now that you mention it, it doesn't seem very practical...
---
"When there is a beginning there is an end. This is the rule" Dante
#24CarlBarkerPosted 2/19/2013 9:51:31 PM
Oblivion women....HNNG!
---
http://i.imgur.com/EIsaOgM.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/aTbye.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/QiNXB.jpg
#25thrashmetal59Posted 2/20/2013 12:13:41 AM
thor23 posted...
I forgot to mention the way your maximum HP increases in Oblivion. You health would go up every level by a certain amount based on you CURRENT endurance level, meaning if you didn't increase your endurance by 5 every level, your maximum health would be forever crippled. You also had to increase your luck attribute every level from the start, because luck increases slower than everything else. So from the start of the game, you have to level up luck and endurance every time your character levels up, leaving you with only one attribute of your choosing to increase. And if you don't get +5 endurance and +1 luck EVERY LEVEL UNTIL THEY REACH 100, you will be permanently weaker than you should be.

and just think.. all that min/maxing does absolutely nothing in a game where there is no long term challenge in the first place.

Exactly. So just choose they skills you enjoy and play the damn game!
---
i5 3570K:: XFX Radeon 5770 1gb:: 8gb DDR3 G.Skill Sniper Series:: x2 300gb HDD:: Antec 430w EarthWatts:: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4:: HAF 912::
#26CronosPrimePosted 2/20/2013 12:40:58 AM
oblivion's leveling system was actually pretty good (besides how your health increased. it should be retroactive with your endurance). The problem was the enemy scaling. The enemy scaling meant that you were better off increasing abilities you used for fighting but NOT leveling up.

Though now that I think more about it, the +1-5 bonuses were also awful. You could totally play the game and be incredibly powerful by playing the intended way of picking your main skills to be the skills you actually wanted to use. but if you didn't get the max bonuses for your attributes each level, you would get crippled as all hell.
#27NeninaPosted 2/20/2013 2:00:43 AM
nGCD mod fixed that. Just raise your skills and attributes raise appropriately. I didn't really like the style of leveling, but we had Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Speed, Agility, Luck, etc.
#28jonas66Posted 2/20/2013 5:51:09 AM
CronosPrime posted...
oblivion's leveling system was actually pretty good (besides how your health increased. it should be retroactive with your endurance). The problem was the enemy scaling. The enemy scaling meant that you were better off increasing abilities you used for fighting but NOT leveling up.

^^This. The only incentive to doing all of those things that people above are talking about, in regards to Oblivion's leveling, is to jump above the enemy level always scaling to your own. Simply removing that fixed a lot of issues I had with Oblivion.
---
How much of rational behavior is only rational when rationalized?
#29iDefinitionPosted 2/20/2013 7:28:55 AM
ELDuran posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q7oDDB3wI4

At least the BGM is pretty good.
CarlBarker posted...
Oblivion women....HNNG!

Especially with animu mods.
---
Official pervert of ALL boards.
"In real life, you're just a ***** with a keyboard!" - Female voice 1, Saint's Row: The Third.
#30Zeran_kariashiPosted 2/20/2013 8:11:29 AM
Morrowind had the best leveling system, and it had integrated flight, which made it heads and above better then Both oblivion or Skyrim. Dated graphic is really the only bad thing you can really say about Morrowind, and with the graphics pack it's not bad at all. The character models could use more work in the graphics pack, I agree, but they get the job done and were decent for the time.

If it was Morrowind, with Skyrims graphics and scale, then sure, I'd probably buy it. (Leave the bugs though...Skyrim is without contest the buggiest PoS Bethseda has yet released...and that's saying A LOT....I never had any problems with Morrowind ever, and Oblivion rarely troubled me unless I had a mod conflict, but Skyrim I can't even hardly play because it keeps CTD every few minutes because the UN-MODDED BASE GAME. And using the official DLCs makes it 100x worse.