ITT: Mods you'd like to see that don't exist.

#1Fourth_BonkuraPosted 2/21/2013 5:42:11 PM
Simply, what mods would you use if they existed or if you had the skill to make any mod what would you make?

Me personally? This is a bit of an odd one I'm sure but I'd love an immersive underwear mod.

Let me explain.

Lets say you're in a bandit stronghold and you've just beaten the head honcho, now it's time to steal his suit of plate armour off him. So you take it off and underneath... he's wearing a loincloth. Just a loincloth. Ouch, that plate amour must have chaffed something awful without any kind of padded undershirt.

And don't get me started on the ye olde bra and panties that the women wear.

I can't help but think that things would be better if they wore a more realistic form of underwear - sure a loincloth may seem suitably antiquated but it's not realistic for someone in plate armour (some of the armour in game seems to incorporate undershirts which is a nice touch but it's not universal). And once again, the medieval bikini briefs. Give them braies and slips or something, as it is it just seems unnatural.

I suppose it would be extremely difficult to get the right character to wear the right thing for their outfit. Yes I'm sure that's the only reason that no-one's done this and it's not because I'm crazy and the only one that's been bothered by it ever.
---
Mount and Blade is a lot like Fire Emblem, except that instead of Lance beating Sword Lance beats everything but Castle.
#2MasterMichaelPosted 2/21/2013 5:47:33 PM
First person werewolf
Morrowind remake
#3TheJCBandPosted 2/21/2013 5:53:33 PM
I actually like that idea, TC.
---
Wind Fish in name only, for it is neither.
#4BlasvrforeverPosted 2/21/2013 5:53:45 PM
Definitely a mod that allows you to beg, that doesn't have ridiculous features, like the one I know that makes you sing ABBA.
---
Hello there.
Currently Playing: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Skyrim, Rock Band 3, Sleeping Dogs, Fallout 3
#5koutsu88Posted 2/21/2013 5:54:41 PM
mod that makes nearest npc smack a guard in the head every time they say that blasted
arrow-knee joke

were crocodile for agonian lycanthropy (were tiger for khajiit's)

or for the resident otaku a complete anime overhaul of the game lol

and several others XD
---
"there is no use lecturing pigs" kazuya shibuya. (ghost hunt)[GT:koutsu 88] [save timsplitter4] [Dragonlord of TBWNN]
#6Fourth_Bonkura(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:54:59 PM
MasterMichael posted...

Morrowind remake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vru8HIvq_Ek
---
Mount and Blade is a lot like Fire Emblem, except that instead of Lance beating Sword Lance beats everything but Castle.
#7Yargitsu99zPosted 2/21/2013 6:01:33 PM
One with nudity.

Oh wait...
---
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]
P.o.I.: you may know me as; "Zanzibar Man", "----824", or "Sam Yargo".
#8pyro_buntaPosted 2/21/2013 6:11:26 PM
male hair mods
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#9axman36Posted 2/21/2013 6:15:37 PM
Deadly Dragons used to have an option to make NPCs stronger by upgrading their armor and health.

I'd like to have that again, NPCs are generally way too weak while everything else in the game such as the Falmer are right around the right difficulty.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XoY98.jpg
#10Fourth_Bonkura(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 6:17:25 PM
TheJCBand posted...
I actually like that idea, TC.

That's good, insanity loves company.

:P

Fourth_Bonkura posted...

I suppose it would be extremely difficult to get the right character to wear the right thing for their outfit.

I guess the way to do it would be to have one item (underwear) that changes appearance depending on the last armour that person had equipped. I don't know if that's even feasible but it sounds sensible I guess.

Not sure how you'd handle the skimpy armours (there are a few just in vanilla (or possibly imersive armours not sure which) Aela's for example). I guess making them less skimpy would work, their underwear should already be showing through as it is.

...I don't know why I'm trying to think this out, even if I figured out how I'd want to do it I'd still need to learn how to write the code and become good at art.
---