So...I just learned about Fortifying Restoration...

#1MetaunPosted 2/22/2013 12:45:27 AM
Wow. It kind of blew my mind. I mean...

Get Fortify Alchemy equipment, maybe with other enchants that fortify too.

Get a buttload of ingredients for restoration, and then the one Alchemy Potion for enchanting or smithing...or anything.

Make the Fortify Restoration potion, drink it, reequip armor so the Fortify enchantment is more powerful, rinse and repeat.

You're a god in just a few simple hours, and in a legit, loophole kind of way. Was kinda neat.
---
Beating FF Superbosses. 1-4, 6, After Years, and 13-2 completed. FF5: Ancient Library FF7: Wall Market
#2PyrotechnixxxPosted 2/22/2013 12:49:08 AM
I made a set of gauntlets with billions of unarmed damage. Punching out dragons is always entertaining.
---
Fear is a leash.
#3BlueOceans9Posted 2/22/2013 5:23:30 AM
Heh, that's been one of the hallmarks of the Elder Scrolls series (least from the 3rd onwards), more than anything else. The abuseable systems that Bethesda create.

I still remember the first time I did something like that in Morrowind; ended up with me being able to create potions that boosted my stats to game-breaking levels, with absurdly-lenghthy duration times and valued at hilariously inflated prices especially compared to the prices of the ingredients.
---
"Ah, you nearly fell. Well, not like it'd hurt much, but it is cold."
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6620/handstogether.png
#4aamfirdausPosted 2/22/2013 5:27:14 AM
Oh no. I always want challenges in this game. I will avoid this.
#5BigJeffreyLanePosted 2/22/2013 5:58:09 AM
BlueOceans9 posted...
Heh, that's been one of the hallmarks of the Elder Scrolls series (least from the 3rd onwards), more than anything else. The abuseable systems that Bethesda create.

I still remember the first time I did something like that in Morrowind; ended up with me being able to create potions that boosted my stats to game-breaking levels, with absurdly-lenghthy duration times and valued at hilariously inflated prices especially compared to the prices of the ingredients.

not as bad as the posion/paralyze aoe arrows they added in Tribunal... that you could get a infinite number off thanks to a inventory glitch on the holder of them.
#6Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 2/22/2013 6:05:34 AM
Not sure why people bother with loopholes and glitches when they have the console readily available to them. Just set the game to novice and enter infinite health, no cooldown shouts, and 10000000 damage on all of your weapons.

This IS the PC board right?

I can't imagine enjoying the game exploiting things.
---
We live to make the impossible possible.
#7Metaun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:10:21 AM
It's about, o this is an interesting buggy loophole, sort-of-thread.

Not, o this is completely useless because of the console, sort-of-thread.
---
Beating FF Superbosses. 1-4, 6, After Years, and 13-2 completed. FF5: Ancient Library FF7: Wall Market
#8LousStevensPosted 2/22/2013 7:58:35 AM
Metaun posted...
It's about, o this is an interesting buggy loophole, sort-of-thread.

Not, o this is completely useless because of the console, sort-of-thread.

exactly; we hate cheaters!
---
Death is never the answer. Life is. - Galioth
#9RthanPosted 2/22/2013 8:13:12 AM
awww yes the Restora-loop glitch, a godsend for console players, but tottally worthless for PC gamers since if you want amazing armor that defys logic you can just make it in the Creation Kit.
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed lives by the thousands - Luca Blight
#10Brenz0rPosted 2/22/2013 9:14:33 AM(edited)
Rthan posted...
awww yes the Restora-loop glitch, a godsend for console players, but tottally worthless for PC gamers since if you want amazing armor that defys logic you can just make it in the Creation Kit.

Or abilities. Skyrim says only one Meditation? Like hell, I'm going to get all three on the one ability and there's nothing it can do to stop me.

Or no Shout cooldowns. Not actually all that overpowering, in the end.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN