So...I just learned about Fortifying Restoration...

#11RthanPosted 2/22/2013 9:23:44 AM
Yeah the shout cooldown thing to me seems like garbage, only some shouts are useful, and while the others may be funny, they bore me to tears in a few hours. I mean how many times can you Fus Ro Dah a deer or mountain goat off the Throat of the World and giggle like a schoolgirl ?
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed lives by the thousands - Luca Blight
#12Icehound2Posted 2/22/2013 9:58:37 AM
I completely forgot about the Creation Kit. I should use it to change the look of Dragon Bone armor to Legion armor, since my Paladin wears it, but the armor is crap compared to Dragon Bone/Daedric armor. Is that pretty easy to do? I remember it took like 2 mins in the Morrowind kit to change the horrid-looking but very useful Masque of Clavicus Vile to an invisible helm.
---
M4A78T-E | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.21 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 (4 x 4GB) RAM | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB
#13RthanPosted 2/22/2013 11:34:40 AM
If all you want is the stats or to clone a different suit with a new name but same look, thats very easy to do.

I reccomend cloning an imperial suit and naming it something like Paladin suit, then placing it in a chest near the beigning areas.

Cuase if you change the stats of Imperial to be the same as dragonplate, than every single mob that wears imperial armor is gonna be that much tougher.

Also what happened with the Divine Aegis armor ? couldnt get it to work ?
---
#14TheVillageIdiotPosted 2/22/2013 11:38:48 AM
Rthan posted...
how many times can you Fus Ro Dah a deer or mountain goat off the Throat of the World and giggle like a schoolgirl ?

hundreds
#15OldDirtyCRPosted 2/22/2013 12:00:12 PM
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
Not sure why people bother with loopholes and glitches when they have the console readily available to them. Just set the game to novice and enter infinite health, no cooldown shouts, and 10000000 damage on all of your weapons.

This IS the PC board right?

I can't imagine enjoying the game exploiting things.

There are different levels of "cheating" and different viewpoints on those levels. Using console to cheat would be cheating in it's purest form. Using legitimate ingame means to create things that are game breaking is cheating, but it's not on the same level as simply opening the console and typing it in. So the end result is the same, but the path to get there is much different.

To me, I enjoy challenge and working my way towards greatness. I don't use loopholes and things like this because if I one shot everyone and everything, whats the point? But I understand some people enjoy finding loopholes and feel satisfaction from it. Since this is a single player game, they can play however they want.

I prefer hard mods that try to balance out the system and increase difficulty/challenge.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#16Icehound2Posted 2/22/2013 1:06:43 PM
Rthan posted...
If all you want is the stats or to clone a different suit with a new name but same look, thats very easy to do.

I reccomend cloning an imperial suit and naming it something like Paladin suit, then placing it in a chest near the beigning areas.

Cuase if you change the stats of Imperial to be the same as dragonplate, than every single mob that wears imperial armor is gonna be that much tougher.

Also what happened with the Divine Aegis armor ? couldnt get it to work ?

Yeah that's what I was planning on doing...new armor w/ Dragon stats. As for the Aegis suit, the only way I could get it to work was to download the Ebony Armor replacer. The standalone would never work and I couldn't smith anything...so I had to use the version that just replaces Ebony armor with Aegis. It was decent, I guess, but was an eye sore among the common soldiers with how bright it was. I don't want to stand out THAT much. I like the Heroic Imperial Armor set a bit better.

Besides my wife Lydia looks much better in the sexy dark Ebony armor. Jordis may have looked better in Aegis, but I ended up marrying Lydia instead. She's quite better looking with ENB + coverwomen mods.
---
M4A78T-E | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.21 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 (4 x 4GB) RAM | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB
#17RthanPosted 2/22/2013 2:56:05 PM
^That is hilarious, I do the same tihng with the sisters (yes I know Jordis and Lydia arent sisters, but they look nearly identical). Anyway I too cloth Lydia in Ebony in the 360 version, and Jordis in SteelPlate.

Kinda like one is my warm morning, and the other the beautiful evening.

Now that I disvoered PC Skyrim and its mods, I have Lydia in the sexy as hell and powerful "Diano Armor" (its black), and Jorids in "Sovngarde Steel" (its silverish).

Its a shame that there are some awesome male armors, but I cant use them because I got to used to the overpowered set of DragonPlate/Scale armors that come with "Leveler's Tower". They have the same defense stats as normal, but the enchantments are amazing on them, the modder was able to put like 4 enchantments per piece somehow.
---
#18Icehound2Posted 2/22/2013 7:25:02 PM
Well, good news, I created the armor easily (but apparently if you place the armor in the Bannered Mayer the game thinks you're stealing it so I just placed it in Breezehome). Bad news is I can't improve the armor. I gave it identical AR to the Daedric base armor in the Creation kit. What gives? I also can't improve Ysgramor's Shield, either. I have both the Arcane Smithing and Daedric Armor perks, Smithing at 100.
---
#19myztikricePosted 2/22/2013 9:17:36 PM
Why didn't you just copy the armor template and change the name? Make sure it's assigned heavy, and add the armorHeavy and armorDaedric keywords
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#20Icehound2Posted 2/22/2013 10:50:37 PM
Found it. Had to add a new "tempering" property designated to that specific armor, ie, 'temperPaladinBoots' under the 'Constructable Object' tab.
---