Is the final DB quest actually beneficial to... (spoilers)

#1Natwaf_akidnaPosted 2/22/2013 4:07:36 AM
The Empire?

I mean, the Emperor is hated to Oblivion and back by certain people, maybe the new one will have more success keeping the Empire together?

Then again, Sithis (or the Night Mother at least) sanctioned the assassination, so maybe it's a bloody succession war all over again. Or you know, Thalmor puppet. Or whatever Motierre has planned.
---
My Little Phineas and Ferb: Summer is Magic!
Aww, I, Natwaf, lost to SuperNiceDog, Winner of the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest
#2bionicman_3090Posted 2/22/2013 4:53:29 AM
Well, you can kill the guy who pays you to assassinate the Emperor. So, his plans go to the Void along with him.

As for whether it's beneficial to the Empire or not, no one can say. The next Emperor could be a milk-drinking puppet or be an arse like Ulfric and plunge the entire Empire into chaos without planning anything. Or he could be the best emperor Tamriel's ever had.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#3ShadowOfLegendPosted 2/22/2013 9:25:45 AM
bionicman_3090 posted...
Well, you can kill the guy who pays you to assassinate the Emperor. So, his plans go to the Void along with him.

As for whether it's beneficial to the Empire or not, no one can say. The next Emperor could be a milk-drinking puppet or be an arse like Ulfric and plunge the entire Empire into chaos without planning anything. Or he could be the best emperor Tamriel's ever had.

Imagine Talos deciding to come back and be the emperor again for a while, just for fun, and smite some Thalmor while he's at it.
---
Magic uses up a lot of energy, so when it comes to food and girls... ...it's my policy to eat as much as I can. -Dark Schneider
#4Tai_Le_ReePosted 2/22/2013 9:29:07 AM
bionicman_3090 posted...

Sadly his pl;ans aren't solely his plans. Its a thalmor plan.
Kill him or not expect a thalmor supporter for emperor.
---
Pants are always optional. Remember that kids.
#5Gray_wolf1119Posted 2/22/2013 10:10:07 AM
Tai_Le_Ree posted...
bionicman_3090 posted...

Sadly his pl;ans aren't solely his plans. Its a thalmor plan.
Kill him or not expect a thalmor supporter for emperor.

how do you know theyre thalmor plans?
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#6SpideyknightPosted 2/22/2013 10:13:04 AM
It being a thalmor plot is only one possibility. You murdering Motierre along with the emperor puts a damper on that pretty good. It's a fresh slate as it were.

The emperors get regularly murdered it would seem. This latest one by a man who can easily clear a boat of trained soldiers and sailers with ease, destroy world eating dragons, and single handily end civil wars. I ask you would you take the job? It is not a safe position, particularly for Thalmor scum.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.