UFO(Ultimate Follower Overhaul) Question

#1WylzePosted 2/23/2013 10:30:53 PM
Does this mod work with hired companions(mercenaries)? I don't believe I have any mods installed that would conflict with this, but I had Jenassa as my follower and when I hired Marcurio she automatically left. I thought maybe you can't have two mercs so I reloaded and went to pick up Sven really fast to test it, and she still left when I got him.
---
Carpe Dizm.
#2blueheart100Posted 2/23/2013 10:39:34 PM
That shouldn't happen. Are you attacking them in some way. Cause if you keep accidentally attacking them, they will leave. Some followers will also leave for no reason. You should be able to hire 1 or more mercenaries
---
Yes, I'm a woman and love video games.
#3mkprovincePosted 2/23/2013 10:43:20 PM
UFO has been acting weird for me too after installing Dragonborn. I cannot seem to get more than one into the team unless I use the Mercenary mod. Don't know what's causing this.
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
#4Wylze(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:46:51 PM
Nope I haven't attacked her at all, although I do have Dragonborn installed so maybe there's a problem there?
---
Carpe Dizm.
#5blueheart100Posted 2/23/2013 10:50:46 PM
Good be, I also have dragonborn but no effects so far
---
Yes, I'm a woman and love video games.
#6NeninaPosted 2/23/2013 11:15:22 PM
Did you make sure you had absolutely zero followers before running the game with UFO installed?

show playerfollowercount

should read 0
#7Wylze(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 11:23:07 PM
No, no I did not. I used it on my mod testing character and did not do that. Should I uninstall the mod and try again and just see if it works on a different character?
---
Carpe Dizm.
#8Wylze(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 11:55:35 PM
Hmm, I don't think that was the problem. I started a new character realy quickly to see if it would work. Got Jenessa and when I went to get Faendal I asked him to follow and he said lead the way as he normally would. I thought all was well cause Jenessa was still following me...but I turned around and Faendal wasn't. I talked to him and the option for asking him to follow me was grayed but he wouldn't actually start following me until I dismissed Jenessa.
---
Carpe Dizm.
#9mkprovincePosted 2/24/2013 1:07:22 AM
Wylze posted...
Hmm, I don't think that was the problem. I started a new character realy quickly to see if it would work. Got Jenessa and when I went to get Faendal I asked him to follow and he said lead the way as he normally would. I thought all was well cause Jenessa was still following me...but I turned around and Faendal wasn't. I talked to him and the option for asking him to follow me was grayed but he wouldn't actually start following me until I dismissed Jenessa.

Precisely the kind of problem I am stuck in. However, I'm using another character from a mod. The follower's named Cerwiden.
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
#10Wylze(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 1:12:38 AM
Ok basically what I did was uncheck the mod and uninstall it. Then I did what the mod author said on the mod page. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14037

"FAIL-SAFE INSTALL PROCEDURE FOR BEGINNERS
0) Update Skyrim to 1.5 or higher version.
1) For everything below use ORIGINAL GAME LAUNCHER
2) Start Skyrim, load game, dismiss all followers,type show playerfollowercount and if it shows 0, save game, Quit.
3) Disable all mods affecting follower limit or mechanic (ILF, Mullti followers, TCG and any other) then uninstall them.
4) Delete any loose pex files in DATA/SCRIPTS folder that are on the list i have linked(LIST OF BAD PEX FILES )
5) Start Skyrim, load game, save game, Quit
6) Install UFO, position UFO.esp at the lowest place.
7) Start Skyrim, Win.
8)After this Install you can use whichever launcher/manager you please should you choose to."

It seems to be working perfectly now, got 3 followers to make sure. Hope it works for you too!
---
Carpe Dizm.