Dragonborn, Dragonsouls and Miraak

#1MeversPosted 2/24/2013 8:42:24 AM
Since I've downloaded dragonborn dlc, I have been unable to absorb dragonsouls full stop. I didn't really think much of it until I started taking on Miraak, as I had a decent stash of souls; however, it seems Miraak can't absorb souls either in the final battle or around the dlc island when I kill a dragon. I'm not sure if it's Miraak getting stuck in etheral form or the inability to absorb souls is causing the problem, probably both.

I have tried disabling all my mods, so that I just have vanilla skyrim plus all the dlc.
I then tried installing the unofficial dragonborn mod.
I then tried all the unofficial mods (in different load orders).
I even tried waiting 30 days for the game re-spawn period.

I Have tried old saves and new saves with various combinations of the above and still no soul absorption.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?

I really want to beat Miraak. I tried a One hit K.O. on him and the game says I still need to kill him. If I kill all the three dragons circling him he still gets stuck in etheral form. If I spend 30 minutes boxing him to death he still gets stuck...

Any help / advice much appreciated.
---
--- To those who invariably say "Really?! Okay," instead of, "You want to do what?! ---
#2thor23Posted 2/24/2013 9:30:47 AM(edited)
Try running BOSS with the Unofficial Dragonborn patch. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6
#3Tai_Le_ReePosted 2/24/2013 9:36:40 AM
Sorry man. Akatosh decided no more dragonborns.
What exactly did you do to make him give up hope for those with dragon blood?
---
Oh you're straight? So is spaghetti until it gets hot.
#4MetaunPosted 2/24/2013 10:04:47 AM
There's a few things that need to be done...

Go to data/meshes/actors/character.

And in the Character and Character Female folders, delete the data that is there. Or move it.
Should be called default male and default female.

Then go to delete or move the Behaviors folder in meshes/actors/character.

And two last things.

If you've got the unofficial skyrim patch, turn it off. It conflicts big time with the Miraak fight.
And if all the above doesn't work, try restarting the DLC and wait for Cultists.

I know it's alot and sounds fishy, but I did it to my game and now all the animations and everything work like a charm.
---
Beating FF Superbosses. 1-4, 6, After Years, and 13-2 completed. FF5: Ancient Library FF7: Wall Market
#5thor23Posted 2/24/2013 10:08:57 AM(edited)
Metaun posted...
If you've got the unofficial skyrim patch, turn it off. It conflicts big time with the Miraak fight.

I don't know anything about that, but I played through the whole DLC with all the Unofficial Patches and the final battle was never buggy. Like I said, I think BOSS will clear up any mod conflicts for you.
#6MetaunPosted 2/24/2013 10:19:19 AM
The moment I turned off the Unofficial patch, everything went alright for me. Miraak was dead like 'bam'.

The other things I deleted were just for animation purposes, like the Telvanni Tower floating, or Storn reading a book. Might've helped with Miraak's death, maybe not.
---
Beating FF Superbosses. 1-4, 6, After Years, and 13-2 completed. FF5: Ancient Library FF7: Wall Market
#7Mevers(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 12:32:42 PM
I'll be honest I tried downloading BOSS and SkyUI before but really just didn't know what I was doing. At the moment all my mods are in the nexus mod manager which I find better than the steam workshop. Yet, neither of those two mods work via the mod manager and therefore I become unstuck as to what to do.

I'm also not confident enough to mess around with game folders.

As I said I have tried turning off all mods and having only unofficial dragonborn mod, starting a new game but then I can't absorb dragonsouls which means I can't get anywhere near Miraak in a new game...

But I can't kill Miraak in my main saves because he gets stuck in his etheral state...

I'm just doomed aren't I...
---
--- To those who invariably say "Really?! Okay," instead of, "You want to do what?! ---
#8andysocialtlmPosted 2/24/2013 1:33:09 PM
Look in your scripts folder for MQDragonSoulAbsorb.pex and delete it.
#9DarkslaynePosted 2/24/2013 2:27:06 PM
BOSS is just an exe you run from whatever folder you download. There isn't much for you to do with it. It should auto detect skyrim and run on its own, after which it presents a quick overlook of what is has done and any errors or warnings that you may need to address.

If you can open an internet browser window, you can run BOSS.
---
PSN / Xbox: Darkslayne
#10MetaunPosted 2/24/2013 5:36:39 PM
Disable the unofficial patch in your current save, and MOVE the stuff I told you about.

If it doesn't work, just put it all back where it was.

Hell, it all goes to the recycle bin if you delete it, so just restore if it doesn't work out for you bro.
---