Any great perk/magic overhaul mods? Planning on playing a mage

#1FormalhautPosted 3/2/2013 5:15:04 AM
Hey guys

A few months ago I ended up corrupting my save file through poor mod management (you'd think I would have learned my lesson from Oblivion -- but I have now), so I uninstalled the game completely and quit for a while. Got nothing else I'm playing right now and thought I'd give Skyrim another go, so I'm looking for mod suggestions.

Played a few months ago with SkyRe and really enjoyed it, but I know a lot of people don't like it so was wondering what those people might suggest as alternatives. Also mentions of any new mods or mods that have improved greatly in the last couple of months would be great.

Cheers
---
I'm not a troll or a moron. It's a joke. Humour exists. Google it.
#2FreyonPosted 3/2/2013 5:34:57 AM
I personally like Better Magic, but there are people that prefer Balanced Magic and then there's also Mighty Magick.
#3ZanimarPosted 3/2/2013 7:06:45 AM
Yeah, I personally prefer Mighty Magick(a). It makes spells scale with their respective skill (presuming you get the novice perk) changes the magick related enchantments so you can't free cast spells anymore and they work just like the 1h/2h/archery enchants. Also modifies the vanilla spells to remove redundant ones since you no longer need them with the scaling system and then add then adds in a bunch of new ones that are extremely useful and provides a bit of strategy into the game when it comes to using magic. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#4Rip_Van_WinkleXPosted 3/2/2013 8:21:49 AM
I love invested magic. Cast Stoneskin once, and then just walk around like I have armor. But, then it also levels Alt if you get hit like light and heavy armor if you have the stoneskin spells on.

It also changes some perks.
---
GamerTag: RipVanWinkleX
#5xanthan1Posted 3/2/2013 8:32:25 AM
SPERG for the perk side, Apocalypse Spell Package for more spell variety.