I want to make a thief type character...

#1WautraetsMPosted 3/2/2013 9:11:07 AM
But does it necessarily need a bow ? Would it be wise to go one-handed sword only ?
---
Kid Icarus: Uprising is like a screen thats barfing rainbows in my eyes.
#2AklisPosted 3/2/2013 9:21:01 AM
It's never wise to go without a bow even if you primarily rely on melee.
#3red255Posted 3/2/2013 9:21:34 AM
daggers get a better Sneak attack mod.

but stealth values are screwy, too easy to get too much sneak.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#4cpg2Posted 3/2/2013 9:25:42 AM
Keep a bow. Even if you don't use it to kill, arrows can be useful distractions if you use them right. Plus sneak-rolling looks less odd with a bow in your hand, so there's that.
#5pyro_buntaPosted 3/2/2013 10:36:24 AM
Light Bow, Illusion, and Daggers is the way to go for me. At least until someone updates the throwing weapon mods to add proper throwing animations and physics from Dragonborn.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#6chufaPosted 3/2/2013 10:38:59 AM
With bow you can faceroll early since Faendal trains you for free if you side with him in Riverwood.Quick 50 archery skill.
---
How to start a fight in the internet:
1. Express an opinion. 2. Wait.
#7WautraetsM(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:39:59 AM
chufa posted...
With bow you can faceroll early since Faendal trains you for free if you side with him in Riverwood.Quick 50 archery skill.

i forgot about that, thanks for the reminder. hehehe.
---
Kid Icarus: Uprising is like a screen thats barfing rainbows in my eyes.
#8simsamsalabimPosted 3/2/2013 7:03:49 PM
Light Bow, Illusion, and Daggers is the way to go for me. At least until someone updates the throwing weapon mods to add proper throwing animations and physics from Dragonborn.

What the hell is a light bow?
#9ChunhwaPosted 3/2/2013 7:09:00 PM
I've had a bunch of stealth characters, and only one or two used a bow. Daggers are almost always better. There's no situation in the game that can be solved with a bow but not by daggers. Also, your sneak skill increases twelve times faster with melee sneak attacks than with ranged. I usually have 60ish sneak skill by the time I'm out of bleak falls barrow.
---
Be water, my friend.
#10pyro_buntaPosted 3/2/2013 7:13:32 PM
simsamsalabim posted...

What the hell is a light bow?

Sorry, I forgot I'm using ACE
---
...for Tony Redgrave...