This app can't run on your PC

#1PooPooPartyPosted 3/12/2013 4:22:04 AM
That's the message I get when trying to run the skse launcher. I just installed it exactly as the site's readme directed and my computer is fairly new so I is confused. Its not like a windows 8 thing is it?

Playing through steam also if that means anything. Skyrim is kinda my first foray into pc gaming so I'm not too good at this technical crap yet but I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly. Anyone know what the deal is? Thanks.
#2myztikricePosted 3/12/2013 5:27:29 AM
Just run skse_loader.exe
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#3PooPooParty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 8:36:44 AM
myztikrice posted...
Just run skse_loader.exe

That's what gave me the message. When I just plain start through steam it says skse isn't running and that it might need to be updated, but I installed and tried the standard then the beta both to no effect.

Like I said, I followed the readme to the letter and even watched some youtube vids so I'm pretty sure I didn't **** up. Should I get the nexus mod loader thing and run it through that?

Computer noob here.
#4aamfirdausPosted 3/12/2013 9:11:14 AM
You don't have to use NMM. But make sure that you copy the required file in the folder where your TESV is located.

I don't know about Windows 8. Maybe you need to run as administrator?
#5xanthan1Posted 3/12/2013 9:20:01 AM
Its a windows 8 problem. Every other version of windows will suck and 8 is just proving it again.
#6TFHDeathUA709Posted 3/12/2013 11:15:38 AM
My doesn't load unless I right click and "run as administrator"

Otherwise the game loads from skse but skse doesn't actually load.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#7myztikricePosted 3/12/2013 1:52:41 PM
It's a you problem, not a Windows 8 problem.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.