So... legendary perk trees...

#1Mobile_PlatformPosted 3/18/2013 9:17:14 AM
Apparently this feature is in the game now, 'cause I can turn some of my level 100 trees "legendary", resetting the perks and dropping the level to 15. Can anyone explain this in a bit further detail and should I be doing this for all of my perk trees?
---
"Well, you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons... go murder a clown." --Festus Krex
#2VyddenPosted 3/18/2013 9:22:19 AM
When you turn something Legendary, you get all your perks in that tree back and your skill returns to 15.

Why would you want to do this?

So that you can re-level that skill tree in order to gain more Character Levels and more health/magicka/stamina. Along with additional skill perks.

You then spend those reclaimed and new skill perks on other trees you would have previously not enjoyed. OR you can just respend them in the skills you set as legendary and get better at them again.

Rinse. Repeat. Infinite leveling.
#3Mobile_Platform(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:28:20 AM
Vydden posted...
When you turn something Legendary, you get all your perks in that tree back and your skill returns to 15.

Why would you want to do this?

So that you can re-level that skill tree in order to gain more Character Levels and more health/magicka/stamina. Along with additional skill perks.

You then spend those reclaimed and new skill perks on other trees you would have previously not enjoyed. OR you can just respend them in the skills you set as legendary and get better at them again.

Rinse. Repeat. Infinite leveling.

But then you no longer have the benefits of those perks, so doesn't this make you weaker until you can relevel the tree?
---
"Well, you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons... go murder a clown." --Festus Krex
#4ModhiriPosted 3/18/2013 9:31:52 AM
Mobile_Platform posted...
But then you no longer have the benefits of those perks, so doesn't this make you weaker until you can relevel the tree?

Yes, but in the long run, you'll end up stronger than you would have been before. It's an investment.

And once you're late in the game and money is no issue, you can go Legendary on easy-to-level skills like smithing, illusion, alteration, etc. to get extra levels and perks for very little effort.
#5Mobile_Platform(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:37:25 AM
Huh. All right. Thanks, guys.
---
#6marraxPosted 3/18/2013 9:59:53 AM
Do it with a tree you get to 100 really easily just in the natural course of things, but put no perks in to and where at 15 or 100 it makes no difference to your overall experience of the (unmodded) skill.

*cough*Lockpicking*cough*

Also I'm considering wiping out Pickpocket, and re-distributing the perks elsewhere, because with 550k+ gold do I really still need to pick a pocket or two?
---
i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 8Gb DDR3 | XFX HD5770 1Gb | Win7 64 Ultimate
#7Mobile_Platform(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:25:49 AM
marrax posted...
Do it with a tree you get to 100 really easily just in the natural course of things, but put no perks in to and where at 15 or 100 it makes no difference to your overall experience of the (unmodded) skill.

Also I'm considering wiping out Pickpocket, and re-distributing the perks elsewhere, because with 550k+ gold do I really still need to pick a pocket or two?

I love the Pickpocket tree. It has quite a few valuable perks in it; especially the last two. If your character is stealthy, I can't see replacing it.
---
#8akaPlumcrazyPosted 3/18/2013 10:45:24 AM
Mobile_Platform posted...
marrax posted...

I love the Pickpocket tree. It has quite a few valuable perks in it; especially the last two. If your character is stealthy, I can't see replacing it.

once you get to 100 in like enc/smith/alc ect ..... so at 100 make ENOUGH potions to last you or enc/smith your gear THEN reset you don't lose if all ready made what you need and use points else where.
---
It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6 ....
#9simsamsalabimPosted 3/18/2013 12:08:43 PM

Reverse pickpocketing poisons is a boatload of fun. Especially frenzy poisons.
#10aWarlock101Posted 3/18/2013 2:07:17 PM
Is there anyone one else that can confirm that the legendary perk trees are available for 360?
I am not confirming this as I haven't even looked at my skill trees today.
---
"hmmm, a total disaster, like eating burritos before sex." Alic Baldwin (30 Rock)