Orc Build.

#1EpicKingdom_Posted 3/25/2013 7:42:40 PM
Heavy armor with 2H or 1H / Shield?
Or... doesn't matter / personal preference?
---
A fat joke a day keeps episode 3 away.
FX-4100 | 5770 overclocked | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | XFX PRO650w CE | 500GB WD | Antec 300 | 1080p.
#2darkdestiny91Posted 3/25/2013 7:46:29 PM
It's mainly preference. I play an Orc with 2-handed, but planning to switch to 1-hand/shield once my 2-handed skill turns legendary.
#3Heimskr_TalosPosted 3/25/2013 7:47:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Heimskr_TalosPosted 3/25/2013 7:48:09 PM
Oh my, I forgot the mod.

Anyways, use this mod instead.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33805/

Talos bless your happy heart, little child.
---
"Talos the Mighty! Talos the Unherring! Talos the Unassailiable!"
The only real Heimskr! PRAISE TALOS OR DIE TRYING!
#5EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:54:31 PM(edited)
darkdestiny91 posted...
It's mainly preference. I play an Orc with 2-handed, but planning to switch to 1-hand/shield once my 2-handed skill turns legendary.

Yeah, I'm somewhat new to Skyrim & just can't decide. Anyways this will be my first build / character (taken seriously). I've only played the game so far as to signing up w/ Ulfric. (I believe) his name is but I'm starting fresh again for a serious run.

Check him out.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540703713495077746/6103B97A7FCD51EE249D53EAA44EAEB4EE677134/

---
A fat joke a day keeps episode 3 away.
FX-4100 | 5770 overclocked | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | XFX PRO650w CE | 500GB WD | Antec 300 | 1080p.
#6LastReckoningPosted 3/25/2013 7:56:03 PM
Heimskr_Talos posted...
Oh my, I forgot the mod.

Anyways, use this mod instead.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33805/

Talos bless your happy heart, little child.

Seriously dude stop its annoying noone wants to dl the mod alrdy.
---
Zyra is my waifu.
Yea we know whats coming next.
#7Heimskr_TalosPosted 3/25/2013 8:04:35 PM
Did Tiber Septim give up when he was trying to take over Tamriel? NO. So why should I?
---
#8bionicman_3090Posted 3/25/2013 8:34:32 PM
With Shield + Weapon combo, you can be more defensive, have an additional slot for enchantments and you can get a lot of highly useful defensive Block perks.

With 2-hander, you'll need to be more aggressive and at the same time, need to be smart. You can't blindly attack without knowing how to counter. But at the same time, you can use the best weapon in the game (imo), the Longhammer and get AoE perk called the Sweep under 2-handed skill tree. You can block but the damage reduction won't be quite up to par and you can't get defensive Block perks but you can make use of the "Bash" perks.

I prefer 2-handed weapons more than anything. Mods like Deadly Combat, TK Combat, TK Dodge and TK Hitstop make the game more intuitive and gets you fully involved in the battle.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#9ClaptonvaughnPosted 3/25/2013 8:38:44 PM(edited)
Heimskr_Talos posted...
Did Tiber Septim give up when he was trying to take over Tamriel? NO. So why should I?

The concept of Heimskr posting on Gamefaqs while staying in character and actually talking about the topics = kind of funny if done right.

What you're doing is actually just sad because its gotten so tired and it can even be outright disruptive because you post that mod in topics asking for genuine advice. You're a troll without the controversy aka just a bad poster.
#10Heimskr_TalosPosted 3/25/2013 8:42:07 PM
Would you like me to post on the topic that is the topic? Sure, fine.

Once, as I was preaching in Whiterun, I met an Orc who was wearing very heavy armor. He seemed to carry a large axe, and was followed by a few zombies.

I believe you could find him right here.
http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-necro-knight

(Is that better? I'm open to any suggestions.)
---