so when i play skyrim sometimes my laptop would shut down and i get......

#1Sterlsilver92Posted 4/3/2013 8:52:17 AM
A message saying something like " windows has been shut down to prevent furthur damage to your computer." Or something like that. I only have this problem when i play Skyrim :(.

Anything i could do?
#2rowgue34Posted 4/3/2013 9:11:15 AM
Sterlsilver92 posted...
A message saying something like " windows has been shut down to prevent furthur damage to your computer." Or something like that. I only have this problem when i play Skyrim :(.

Anything i could do?

Laptops tend to overheat a lot and that sounds like what's happening. They tend to have to work harder to run things like games which generates more heat and they tend to have terrible cooling capacity. You could try using one of the laptop cooling pads. A good one can make a pretty significant difference.
#3Tai_Le_ReePosted 4/3/2013 9:11:57 AM
Your laptop doesn't have proper cooling, you can fix it by lowering the settings by a huge amount.
---
Oh you're straight? So is spaghetti until it gets hot.
#4Sterlsilver92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 9:30:36 AM
If that's the case how come this never happens when i play league of legends for hours?
#5DestructersPosted 4/3/2013 10:02:52 AM
Sterlsilver92 posted...
If that's the case how come this never happens when i play league of legends for hours?

Because some games require more resources than others and more demand on both CPU and GPU.

This is like saying why I can play WoW on max settings, but couldn't on Crysis.
#6calverrlzPosted 4/3/2013 10:04:49 AM
try some kind of FPS limiter (dxtory for example) to limit FPS to 30. still okayish framerate, but chances are your laptop won't fry itself this way.
#7gamerfreak121Posted 4/3/2013 10:16:31 AM
Go out and purchase a laptop cooler. Bought mine a while ago and never have any more heat problems on my laptop.
---
What do you mean it's not symbolic?!
http://i.imgur.com/SleI9.gif
#8Thalantyr1216Posted 4/3/2013 11:50:11 AM
Lowering the screen resolution will make it run a lot cooler as well. And on a laptops small screen the resolution really doesn't tend to make nearly as big of a difference visually as it would on a much larger monitor.
#9Personman_incPosted 4/3/2013 12:48:39 PM
You can research laptop coolers if you like but I would recommend just taking some canned air and clearing out the exhausts instead. In my experience coolers never helped me at all, but clearly out the dust that built up made a world of difference.

I would recommend at least giving it a shot if you have some canned air around then going from there. May save you some money in the long run.
---
I hate my username.
http://absense-of-mind.deviantart.com/
#10FrogmumPosted 4/3/2013 12:53:41 PM
Should probably clean it out with compressed air if its been awhile. A quick look at laptop coolers looks like they're pretty cheap too.
---
Hmm