so when i play skyrim sometimes my laptop would shut down and i get......

#11rowgue34Posted 4/4/2013 7:40:19 AM
Personman_inc posted...
You can research laptop coolers if you like but I would recommend just taking some canned air and clearing out the exhausts instead. In my experience coolers never helped me at all, but clearly out the dust that built up made a world of difference.

I would recommend at least giving it a shot if you have some canned air around then going from there. May save you some money in the long run.

Just like with anything there are crappy laptop cooling pads and good ones. A good one can make a significant difference.
#12gamerdude535Posted 4/4/2013 8:07:07 AM
Yeah heat problems most likely I play on a laptop too it's quite good for an almost three year old laptop but not top of the line it plays skyrim pretty fine with native resolution 1366x768 some settings set to high I get 20-30 fps mostly.

And I used to get heat problems after playing a while it'll go into single digit fps but I got a cheap laptop cooler and that doesn't happen anymore so even a lower end laptop cooler will help a lot but I do need to get a better one what could you guys recommend?
#13Felicia_catladyPosted 4/5/2013 5:10:30 AM
Sterlsilver92 posted...
If that's the case how come this never happens when i play league of legends for hours?

LoL isn't that resource demanding. In fact, its quite light on the hardware. Skyrim, on the other hand, can fry CPUs and GPUs (specially CPUs) if the cooling isn't good enough.
---
Marcy.
:3
#14rowgue34Posted 4/5/2013 9:48:44 AM
gamerdude535 posted...
Yeah heat problems most likely I play on a laptop too it's quite good for an almost three year old laptop but not top of the line it plays skyrim pretty fine with native resolution 1366x768 some settings set to high I get 20-30 fps mostly.

And I used to get heat problems after playing a while it'll go into single digit fps but I got a cheap laptop cooler and that doesn't happen anymore so even a lower end laptop cooler will help a lot but I do need to get a better one what could you guys recommend?

I use one made by Targus. It's got three fans you can run at low or high speed, and it also has 4 USB ports. Works great.
#15gamerdude535Posted 4/5/2013 10:04:18 AM
rowgue34 posted...
gamerdude535 posted...

I use one made by Targus. It's got three fans you can run at low or high speed, and it also has 4 USB ports. Works great.

Ahh thanks for the recommendation I'm gonna take a look sometime
#16footys_goodPosted 4/5/2013 10:19:48 AM
I had the same problem with my toaster.
#17Angry_ScientistPosted 4/5/2013 2:56:06 PM
If you haven't in awhile, I recommend vacuuming out your airvents. It will yank dust and stuff out which can effect its cooling abilities.
---
Simple solutions to complex problems.
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn100/Mad_Scientist08/Sigs/shantaefull8gz.gif
#18Sterlsilver92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 6:07:55 PM
Also the message said something about the framework or something. :/ happened again today :(
#19Sterlsilver92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:28:37 AM
Bump
#20mkprovincePosted 4/7/2013 3:31:23 AM
Sterlsilver92 posted...
Also the message said something about the framework or something. :/ happened again today :(

Would really appreciate your effort if you could give us the full message.
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?