Sorry, this is another "will my computer run" thread. :(

#1drew4793Posted 6/22/2013 12:52:56 PM
Hey all!

I'm absolutely horribly computer minded, I can't really tell when things are "good" or not, and it leads to frustration when the last computer I bought a long time ago couldn't run games I bought like the Doom series, etc, without stuttering.

So, this time, I consulted with a person I trust about what to buy, and he suggested that this is what I get, and he'll put it together for me.

Intel Core i7 4770 Quad-Core 3.4GHz
2GB NVIDIA GTX 770
2GB NVIDIA GTX 770
(he said get 2, which I'm a little hazy as to why...)
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz
1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe
D-Link Wireless DWA-566 PCI Express Desktop Adapter

I deleted some of the components that I dont think impact games, but if I deleted too much, let me know!

My question is will this comfortably run Skyrim and the like, without stuttering like my old computer??

Sorry again, I know these threads are annoying, but the box just gives me a bunch of "recommended" components, which doesn't help considering I don't know how under/over I am from them.
#2MonkeymooXDPosted 6/22/2013 1:03:13 PM
It will run it fine, I am also not the most technical with computers, but I think that build will blow it out of the water, even on highest settings, graphics mods and ENBs.
#3drew4793(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 1:18:19 PM
MonkeymooXD posted...
It will run it fine, I am also not the most technical with computers, but I think that build will blow it out of the water, even on highest settings, graphics mods and ENBs.

Yay! :D

I hope you're right! :) The parts are all sort of getting here at odd times, so right now I'm basically sitting with a whole bunch of really cool looking computer bits, and no idea what goes where. :P But, the motherboard should arrive in a week or so, and then the power box a few days after that, and then my friend will stop by and assemble everything and get me up and running. (hopefully!)
#4Deadbeat_AudioPosted 6/22/2013 1:20:53 PM
You kinda gimped on the cpu. You didn't get the kind made for overclocking. You won't be using mods like dat grass that's for sure.
#53PiesAndAForkPosted 6/22/2013 1:23:50 PM
That 2GB of VRAM will limit you if you want to go gungho with the graphic mods. Get one 770 with 4GB of VRAM. Unless you're planning on using 3 monitors, I don't think you need the power that putting them in SLI will give you.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#6drew4793(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 2:09:12 PM
3PiesAndAFork posted...
That 2GB of VRAM will limit you if you want to go gungho with the graphic mods. Get one 770 with 4GB of VRAM. Unless you're planning on using 3 monitors, I don't think you need the power that putting them in SLI will give you.

Wait, I'm confused then. So this computer won't be able to run Skyrim well?? Or it won't run it well if I try to run other stuff along with it??

I'm not really aware of VRAM and what exactly that has to do with the game.

These responses are making me slightly less confident in my purchases... >.<
#7drew4793(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 2:10:42 PM
Also, isn't having two 2gb 770's the exact same as 1 4gb 770 anyway???
#8Metal Gear FredPosted 6/22/2013 2:26:00 PM(edited)
That PC is far better than mine, and I can get 42-50 fps at a resolution of 1366x768.
---
"If you're going to air your dirty laundry in public, don't be surprised when people comment on your skidmarks!"
#93PiesAndAForkPosted 6/22/2013 3:45:07 PM
The VRAM for the two cards is unfortunately not additive. VRAM is the amount of video memory you have; the more graphically detailed something is, the more VRAM you need to render it. Typically, 2GB is plenty, even for the more graphically intense mods out there. Add a strong ENB though, and I believe you will be pushing the 2GB (although it is very possible to have ENB's on 2GB cards too).

I suggested 4GB for future games/mods where 2GB may not be enough, or for when you decide to use an extremely high resolution. Seeing as you posted two 770's, I'm assuming you're not exactly strapped for cash.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#10Pueojit2Posted 6/22/2013 3:47:15 PM
drew4793 posted...
Also, isn't having two 2gb 770's the exact same as 1 4gb 770 anyway???

No. VRAM is for resolution and textures for the most part. Graphics cards aren't all about VRAM. Better cards can process pixels on your screen better. 2 770 with 2GB of VRAM will destroy one 770 with 4GB at 1080p. Higher resolution is a different story. Dual graphics cards (note not dual GPU) split the processing between each other, but DO NOT add the VRAM together
---
Just an idiot, hanging on, off, and around the Metroid boards
Anyone can have their opinion, even if they're wrong