Psikotics necromancy mod

#1darkshadowmasterPosted 7/2/2014 8:53:40 PM
Anyone else have an issue with this mod not letting you summon like 75%of the summons? I've downloaded the monster mod it's says you need but most of the stuff doesnt work and going by the comments I'm not the only one. Has anyone else dealt with this issue and resolved it? I'd really like to use the mod but I'm not going to keep it loaded when I can't use a majority of the summons.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#2Darg727Posted 7/2/2014 9:23:44 PM
When I used it I used the regular version not the monster mod version and it works fine for me.
#3darkshadowmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 9:25:34 PM
Tried it without the mod and it doesn't work either. The mod itself though says that you need it for it to function.
---
#4darkshadowmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:59:17 AM
Probably just going to remove it then.
---
#5LockeadonPosted 7/4/2014 7:25:44 AM
you need the necromancy line of perks in conjuration to summon the new things (each teir of necromancer perk you take lets you summon that teir of undead, starting at basic necromancy and moving on up) same with many of the other spells, they require specific perks to use. pretty obvious iyam, especially since on the spell descriptions it clearly states what perk or perks you need to cast it.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#6darkshadowmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 10:24:52 PM
I understood that much. But it's not letting me summon things I have the level and perks for.
---
#7LockeadonPosted 7/5/2014 1:24:36 PM
if you have all the requirements to cast the spells, including the perks and levels in conjuration and other trees, its most likely a compatibility issue with another mod (like a monster mod or immersive creatures or a spell mod that adds different versions of the monsters or something) or a bad install/ bad load order. did you try boss, and do the spells that aren't summons work properly? i've never had any trouble with the mod, and i'm running it alongside undeath and better vampires (among others) with 0 issues so far. of course i haven't got all the perks or associated spells yet since my playthrough is new and i find grinding tedious.
---
#8LockeadonPosted 7/5/2014 2:52:27 PM
just thought of something else it could be. if you don't have enough magicka left after casting to maintain the spell it might not cast at all, or it might fail to even appear. you can take perks to reduce the maintenance for summons too iirc.
---
#9darkshadowmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 12:23:21 PM
Yea I'm assuming it's the monster mod addon it depends on since the one he linked goes to an page that no longer exists. Further in the comments there is another mod that someone says works with it but only certain summons seem to work properly while the others will go through the casting animation but never actually summon anything.

I'm assuming it's that because the only monsters I can summon are the regular skeleton types & zombie types while the more elaborate types won't work.
---
#10LockeadonPosted 7/7/2014 11:55:01 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Yea I'm assuming it's the monster mod addon it depends on since the one he linked goes to an page that no longer exists. Further in the comments there is another mod that someone says works with it but only certain summons seem to work properly while the others will go through the casting animation but never actually summon anything.

I'm assuming it's that because the only monsters I can summon are the regular skeleton types & zombie types while the more elaborate types won't work.

did you try running it with monster mod uninstalled? apparently the non-monster-mod version of the necromancy mod works for more people than the one that uses monster-mod. maybe it'll do the same for you?
---