Sneak Build Armor Enchantments?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Sneak Build Armor Enchantments?

User Info: LordAlabast

LordAlabast
1 week ago#1
Well on my way to maxing out Smithing, Enchanting, and Alchemy, I'm thinking I want to make myself some of that delicious Dragonscale armor, but I'm not sure what to enchant it with.

For reference, my character is mainly a sneak thief and assassin. I have all the perks in the Sneak tree, including the "Silent" one, though I'm not sure how that matches up to some unique armor's enchantments that do the same thing, such as the Nightingale and Ancient Shrouded Boots. Looking it up I see that the modifier for silent is .5 and the modifier for the Ancient Shrouded Boots is also .5. I'm not sure if they stack or if one is redundant.

So, thinking about those, what would be the best enchantments for the set and my play style? I'm honestly unsure.

And while we're at it, what about weapons? I realize that two daggers is very nice for sneak power attacks, though I've heard that one mace and one dagger is more efficient. And is it possible to get an enchantment on the gloves that doubles Sneak attack modifier like the Ancient Shrouded Gloves?
FC: 4442-0604-2607 IGN: Alabast
My waifu is the best waifu, and your waifu is objective garbage -- Satan to God, just before getting cast into Hell

LordAlabast
1 week ago#2
Also, a little bit more, how do you go about making the armor and weapons as powerful as possible? I understand wearing full armor with % boosted Blacksmithing and drinking Blacksmithing potions, but how do you make these as powerful as possible to grant the most powerful Dragonscale armor and Daedric dagger?
My waifu is the best waifu, and your waifu is objective garbage -- Satan to God, just before getting cast into Hell

User Info: Kreationz

Kreationz
1 week ago#3
Dragonscale Boots w/Fortify Sneak+Muffle (AFAIK Silent+Muffle stack)
Silent = Sounds does not increase based on Move Speed
Pre-enchanted Muffle = Sound Reduction from Armor (Nightingale and Ancient Shrouded Boots = %50)
Enchanted Muffle = Sound Reduction from Armor (100% when you do the enchant)
Fortify Sneak = Increases your Sneak Factor (gauged against the enemies detection based on line of sight, sound, light, etc... and their "detection" factor)

These will minimize sound with the appropriate perks for the Armor Type(Light or Heavy weight reduction perks).

Further, Invisibility will reduce detection as well(even when invisible you make sound, but the above all but eliminates all of it Muffle+Silence).

Invisible+100 Sneak(With the perks)+Muffle+Armor Weight Reduction=Stand in front of the enemies face in broad daylight and sneak power attack them with a Dagger for x15(x30 with the right gear) damage then use an invisibility potion pop out and back in to sneak and disappear with the next enemy even noticing your there.

User Info: Kreationz

Kreationz
1 week ago#4
The "most powerful possible" is subjective. Fortify Blacksmith Gear+Potion (made with 100 Alchemy and + Alchemy Gear on) can easily make high enough legendary Dragonscale to hit the Armor cap(80% physical damage reduction), but it can also be done with lower class armor. You need Armor class (~667 at most depending on the number of pieces your wearing).

The other thing you need is "Magic Damage Reduction" of 80%+ to truly make yourself even harder to kill.

With exploits, you can easily become a complete god in the game, but some prefer not to use exploits in order to go with the developers original intent.

For Exploits:
look up "restoloop" and "Invisible Dawnstar Chest"

User Info: Oddplume

Oddplume
1 week ago#5
So short list:
Muffle
Fortify Sneak
Fortify Light Armor
Fortify One Handed
That backstabbing enchantment (I believe there is a mod that lets you disenchant and learn it. Can't easily search from lagging phone, apologies.)
Resist Magic
Load the Spaceship with the rocket fuel, LOAD IT WITH THE WORDS!
R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior 4/8/2014

LordAlabast
1 week ago#6
Also, completely unrelated, has the glitch where you would lose unique armor if it was put on a mannequin been fixed? I would like to show off the unique sets like the Shrouded Armor and Guild Master's sets, but I don't want to take the risk of them glitching away and being lost forever.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
1 week ago#7
Kreationz posted...
Dragonscale Boots w/Fortify Sneak+Muffle (AFAIK Silent+Muffle stack)
Silent = Sounds does not increase based on Move Speed
Pre-enchanted Muffle = Sound Reduction from Armor (Nightingale and Ancient Shrouded Boots = %50)
Enchanted Muffle = Sound Reduction from Armor (100% when you do the enchant)
Fortify Sneak = Increases your Sneak Factor (gauged against the enemies detection based on line of sight, sound, light, etc... and their "detection" factor)

These will minimize sound with the appropriate perks for the Armor Type(Light or Heavy weight reduction perks).

Further, Invisibility will reduce detection as well(even when invisible you make sound, but the above all but eliminates all of it Muffle+Silence).

Invisible+100 Sneak(With the perks)+Muffle+Armor Weight Reduction=Stand in front of the enemies face in broad daylight and sneak power attack them with a Dagger for x15(x30 with the right gear) damage then use an invisibility potion pop out and back in to sneak and disappear with the next enemy even noticing your there.

Why am I seeing Dishonored kill moves when you go through that? ? ? *LOL*
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

User Info: LaserFodder

LaserFodder
1 week ago#8
Just FYI, While muffle and muffled movement "stack", if you have muffle you don't need anything else. Likewise, if you go through the sneak tree and get Silence, you don't need Muffle.

Muffle seems to work on a percentage basis. If you get it to 1, it will silence all movement. Pre-enchanted muffle (things you find with the enchant) and the Muffled Movement perk both give .5. However, self-enchanted muffle and the Silence perk both give 1, so are redundant. Muffle above 1.0 doesn't seem to have any additional effect in testing. Even though the descriptions seem to indicate that the perks work in specific circumstances, they really just add silence effects.

ETA: for a more thorough description, see http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Muffle_(effect)
(edited 1 week ago)

LordAlabast
1 week ago#9
LaserFodder posted...
Just FYI, While muffle and muffled movement "stack", if you have muffle you don't need anything else. Likewise, if you go through the sneak tree and get Silence, you don't need Muffle.

Muffle seems to work on a percentage basis. If you get it to 1, it will silence all movement. Pre-enchanted muffle (things you find with the enchant) and the Muffled Movement perk both give .5. However, self-enchanted muffle and the Silence perk both give 1, so are redundant. Muffle above 1.0 doesn't seem to have any additional effect in testing. Even though the descriptions seem to indicate that the perks work in specific circumstances, they really just add silence effects.

ETA: for a more thorough description, see http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Muffle_(effect)

So plain and simple, use the enchantment for something else, got it.

User Info: LaserFodder

LaserFodder
1 week ago#10
Personally, I like adding Fortify Stamina to boots. More power attacks :)

But there are plenty of other good options, including Fortify One-handed or Fortify Carry Weight.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Sneak Build Armor Enchantments?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.