So there won't be downhill, online MP racing against other players?

#1GT_33Posted 2/6/2012 6:08:55 PM

If not consider this one sale lost

Damn I was looking forward to SSX MP on the PS3

#2L0ZPosted 2/6/2012 7:56:35 PM
? topic on the 360 board lead me to believe its gonna have online. that or they are just lying and trolling saying the 360 version will be better because live is better than psn.
#3DTripleHXPosted 2/6/2012 8:42:24 PM(edited)
Lol, your loss. I honestly don't see the benefit of racing your friend real time vs a ghost which is lag free. I guess it might be fun to shove your friend during the race? How often does that happen anyway.

SSX is going to be awesome.
#4beds2Posted 2/6/2012 8:44:04 PM

? topic on the 360 board lead me to believe its gonna have online. that or they are just lying and trolling saying the 360 version will be better because live is better than psn.

There's online features but there are NO multiplayer features.
---
Gamers make me sick.
#5ineedaname88Posted 2/6/2012 10:58:36 PM
You know, they really should not have said it's "Burnout on snow" Cause in burnout you can bash your friends.
I know they said it ONLY because you can go faster than 75 mph on a board and there's boost but still.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENmnEd7EZd4
PSN: ThereIsNoSanta88
#6-Grieves-Posted 2/7/2012 3:04:31 AM

I was reading on NeoGAF last night that someone (Todd Batty I think) had said on Facebook / Twitter that you create an event in global events / send an invite to your friends and wait in the helicopter 'til everyone is ready to play a multiplayer race with friends.

#7ku_guy505Posted 2/7/2012 8:25:29 AM
Lol, your loss. I honestly don't see the benefit of racing your friend real time vs a ghost which is lag free. I guess it might be fun to shove your friend during the race? How often does that happen anyway.

SSX is going to be awesome.

The problem, to me, is that it takes out the excitement and unpredictability of playing against live gamers. I want to race down a slope head-to-head with my friends so I get that intense "please, God, don't let me **** up" feeling knowing that it's all or nothing right off the bat.

Why don't more game companies do this? I mean, wouldn't it be more fun to play against bots in Call of Duty and post your kills to a leaderboard after a match is over? Instead of playing live against your friends you could just CALL them afterwards and brag about your kills instead!! So much easier and more fun, right?
---
PSN: KumquatGOATBEEF
#8DTripleHXPosted 2/7/2012 8:35:29 AM
The problem, to me, is that it takes out the excitement and unpredictability of playing against live gamers. I want to race down a slope head-to-head with my friends so I get that intense "please, God, don't let me **** up" feeling knowing that it's all or nothing right off the bat.

Why don't more game companies do this? I mean, wouldn't it be more fun to play against bots in Call of Duty and post your kills to a leaderboard after a match is over? Instead of playing live against your friends you could just CALL them afterwards and brag about your kills instead!! So much easier and more fun, right?

It wouldn't work with games like CoD because playing vs human opponents =/= getting high scores vs bots comparisons.

In racing games or extreme games like SSX, Tony Hawk, etc...There is no reason for all players to be on the same time, you're playing vs the clock there is nothing a human opponent can do to stop your run (except car racing games since you can directly impact your opponent by bashing into them).

I sort of see your point though....If my friend races a track 100 times and only uploads his best run and if I race the same track only 5 times, it wouldn't be fair.
#9ku_guy505Posted 2/7/2012 10:07:43 AM
You're basically arguing that there's no point in live competition. There's no point in playing with your friends at the same time. So racing games from here on out should NEVER have any sort of live competition involved because "there's no point." We should all just race separately to compete for the best time.

To each his own, I guess. I won't be buying this game due to the lack of multiplayer, though. If I can't game with my buddies it takes the fun out of it for all of us. You may not have to wait to race in SSX, but that doesn't mean it will be more fun.
---
PSN: KumquatGOATBEEF
#10saintgabriel11Posted 2/7/2012 10:21:37 AM
-Grieves- posted...
I was reading on NeoGAF last night that someone (Todd Batty I think) had said on Facebook / Twitter that you create an event in global events / send an invite to your friends and wait in the helicopter 'til everyone is ready to play a multiplayer race with friends.

you should post that URL on a board or something so more people can read it. It seems like people are already cancelling pre-orders or planning on not getting the game anymore because people weren't sure about this sort of thing.