Tons of completely new info from EGM magazine!!

#1TortillaMan17Posted 1/9/2011 4:21:54 PM
Sup guise... I'm a huge fan of SSX so I went and found scans of the article from EGM (not linking but you'll find them on the mercurycity boards)

Here's some of the main points

-Old characters are returning (Elise is the only one confirmed)
-They're aiming for about 70 open full-size mountains, totally serious (They made this possible by using google earth and creating a program called "mountain man" which can generate an exact replica of any mountain for the game just from geographic coordinates. They let "mountain man" scan the entire earth for mountains good for an SSX game and came up with 4,300,000 results. They narrowed it down to the most extreme mountains and the ones they'd like to ride down in real life
-Each mountain will have SSX style several tracks carved into them. Some courses will eventually run together or intersect.
-Some of the track design is tailored for some occasional base jumping down the sides of cliffs
-Each mountain will have different kinds of dangers associated with it, such as wind, avalanches, rock slides, temperature, etc.
-Some gear will now affect how your character fares in these harsh weather conditions.

It's sounding like it will still feel like an SSX game, but more extreme and with a few twists, looking forward to it.
---
Black Ops K/D - 3.00
#2EverDownwardPosted 1/9/2011 4:37:22 PM
I'm most excited that the old characters are returning. But I'll continue keeping an eye on development, since I've been wanting a new SSX game for about 4 years now.
---
Proud member of the DDA, I'm in love with Kaitlyn from NXT3 <3
#3tonytonitonPosted 1/10/2011 10:54:16 AM
Good find, thanks for the info
#4king0fny0731Posted 1/11/2011 8:33:47 PM
Temperature???? Wtf i dnt wanna be worried about being cold in an ssx game
#5xoak73Posted 1/12/2011 8:48:03 PM
Yea in tricky psymon whore a wife beater
#6PostCrisisJ2Posted 1/13/2011 8:47:21 PM

lolwut

---
If you really think about it, Super Mario World is a pretty awesome dungeon crawler.
#7dengeistPosted 1/13/2011 9:04:52 PM
as long as the old characters are in it and it has great music it should be a lot of fun.
#8wanderzPosted 1/18/2011 5:49:35 PM
Temperature???? Wtf i dnt wanna be worried about being cold in an ssx game

it might just be how the temp would affect the snow quality.. such as melting snow being slushy.

possibly could have some form of seasons, weather patterns or just maybe parts would be safer at night when it's colder (usually)
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#9xoak73Posted 1/27/2011 9:09:41 AM

lolwut

hahaha i had no idea i posted that thats so funny what was on my mind...wait what. Thank you iphone auto correction
#10JohnnyShred612Posted 2/2/2011 12:57:47 AM
-They're aiming for about 70 open full-size mountains, totally serious (They made this possible by using google earth and creating a program called "mountain man" which can generate an exact replica of any mountain for the game just from geographic coordinates. They let "mountain man" scan the entire earth for mountains good for an SSX game and came up with 4,300,000 results. They narrowed it down to the most extreme mountains and the ones they'd like to ride down in real life
-Each mountain will have SSX style several tracks carved into them. Some courses will eventually run together or intersect.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, yes yes yes yes. That sounds like SSX 3 on 'roids, which is exactly what I wanted out of a new SSX game. After watching the trailer, I was worried that SSX was trying to go all gritty and epic, which sounded stupid as hell to me.

I'm okay if it's got a bit of a darker color scheme if you have to go there, but the coolest part of SSX 3 to me was the option to just go down from the top of the mountain to the bottom with some intersecting courses... all I wanted was one mountain. SEVENTY? I'm in.