Does x and b actually keep your boost alive?

#1MaciverPosted 3/13/2012 3:26:09 PM
Hey guys, I've yet to master keeping my boost/combo alive while on the deck, pressing X/B actually seems to kill my boost rather than keep it alive. What am I doing wrong here?
#2Heff228Posted 3/13/2012 3:39:53 PM
If you press it 3 times without doing any other trick it will end your boost, you need to hold either X or B.
---
I want that purple stuff-Dave Chappelle
#3Regal_Bryant12Posted 3/13/2012 3:44:21 PM
When you do small tricks like boardpresses/manuals on the ground, you keep your Tricky as long as you are doing the trick, but the invisible "time gauge" that determines when your Tricky/combo runs out is still going, which means that when you end the ground trick, you usually have very little time to act before your Tricky/combo completely ends (if it has been a long time since your last "big" trick) Use large tricks to add time to your Tricky "time gauge" to help keep your unlimited boost and combo or never let up on the boardpress/manual in order to keep your boost and combo going indefinitely. One thing to note, however, is that your rider goes a bit slower while doing a boosted manual then when boosting normally. Also, you won't rack up as many points just ground tricking than if you were doing ubers and super ubers, so in Trick It! events it's best to try to hit as many large jumps as possible to keep your Tricky/combo going, and only use manuals when they are absolutely needed.
#4Maciver(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 4:24:49 PM
Ok thanks alot, it's really for racing though. Not much on the tricking events:)
#5hogofddyn_Posted 3/14/2012 2:16:06 AM
Regal_Bryant12 posted...
the invisible "time gauge" that determines when your Tricky/combo runs out is still going, which means that when you end the ground trick, you usually have very little time to act before your Tricky/combo completely ends.

That's true, but the combo time remaining gauge is displayed as chevrons at the bottom of the screen. It's not the most accurate way to display time remaining, but does at least give you an idea.
---
Gamertag: life4096
#6Regal_Bryant12Posted 3/14/2012 5:43:48 AM
life4mb posted...
Regal_Bryant12 posted...
the invisible "time gauge" that determines when your Tricky/combo runs out is still going, which means that when you end the ground trick, you usually have very little time to act before your Tricky/combo completely ends.

That's true, but the combo time remaining gauge is displayed as chevrons at the bottom of the screen. It's not the most accurate way to display time remaining, but does at least give you an idea.

Wow. I didn't even know that. Thanks for the info!
#7JON4495Posted 3/14/2012 5:51:24 AM
If you're doing the avalanche survive it, once you hit tricky you can just hold x or b and have infinite boost all the way down
---
Gamertag: BIONICxSHADOW