Congratulations team SSX! (spoilers)

#1DivatoPosted 4/16/2012 6:42:12 AM
It took you nine of the best riders to beat one spoiled kid. You truly are the best -_-
---
Moose Power!
#2Guirec730Posted 4/16/2012 5:57:10 PM
And they did it by doing the exact same things he did, only slightly better, somehow!
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#31234567890ChrisPosted 4/16/2012 7:42:50 PM
You know, that's something that bugs me. Isn't it more impressive that a single person manages to finish every deadly descent by themselves? And some of the deadly descents... really aren't that deadly, especially when compared to some of the other runs in this game. Oh well.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pyropaperplanes
#4Regal_Bryant12Posted 4/16/2012 8:13:07 PM
1234567890Chris posted...
And some of the deadly descents... really aren't that deadly, especially when compared to some of the other runs in this game. Oh well.

That was a design decision.

It would have been really bad if they had stuff like One Step Ahead and Jack-Knife as Deadly Descents (a lot of players would have struggled with the courses, gotten frustrated, and stopped playing the game as a result)
---
Yeah man I conquered this sucka! -Mac
Attitude check...Yeah, I'm really high! -Zoe
#5ErmacMKAPosted 4/16/2012 10:01:46 PM
Yea, they set that up like your standard Final Fantasy (or if you prefer, any RPG) title. They have drops that are harder than Death Zone to act like super bosses in the game.
---
GT: EireWolf10 (XBL), xIxSHAMROCKxIx (PSN)
Playing: MW3, SSX, Final Fantasy XIII-2.
#6Mac13ethPosted 4/18/2012 6:11:46 AM
The Deadly Descents are, for the most part, deadlier than the other courses in the Tour mode. So as far as the story goes, they are the deadliest anyone had done.

As to beating Griff, each of the members of Team SSX does beat Griff or his ghost data at least once. Zoe beats each of the other members of Team SSX, so if we can apply transitivity to snow-boarding awesomeness: Zoe is better than everyone else on SSX and everyone on SSX is better than Griff, therefore Zoe is all-around better than Griff.

They might also be trying to make a subtle nod to the "teamwork overcomes" message that so many TV programs try to instill in children. (Go, Go, Snowboard Rangers!)
---
Sometimes I think I have gone mad, other times I just wish I had.
#7deathblade32Posted 4/19/2012 7:18:25 PM
Makes me wonder why they all just didn't do the descents simultaneously in one day and instantly win the competition...
#81234567890ChrisPosted 4/20/2012 11:49:58 AM
Regal_Bryant12 posted...
And some of the deadly descents... really aren't that deadly, especially when compared to some of the other runs in this game. Oh well.

That was a design decision.

It would have been really bad if they had stuff like One Step Ahead and Jack-Knife as Deadly Descents (a lot of players would have struggled with the courses, gotten frustrated, and stopped playing the game as a result)

I understand completely on the gameplay element. It doesn't make sense in a story sense though. The story is pretty flawed in general.

As I said before, isn't it more inspirational that one person has managed to snowboard EVERY deadly descent? A team of people is just... eh.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pyropaperplanes
#9Regal_Bryant12Posted 4/20/2012 12:14:52 PM
It doesn't make sense in a story sense though. The story is pretty flawed in general.

As I said before, isn't it more inspirational that one person has managed to snowboard EVERY deadly descent? A team of people is just... eh.

The only way the story makes sense is if you consider Griff to be a douchebag that nobody likes lol
---
Yeah man I conquered this sucka! -Mac
Attitude check...Yeah, I'm really high! -Zoe