just got through reading the first comic...

#1ArcRay20Posted 4/8/2012 12:45:49 PM
i hate it when they do this with a main character.
i mean, the last game ended off with Alex stopping the real bad guys from nuking the city and the last thing we are left off with is "My work is not done..." after talking about how the virus caused so much damage in such a short time.

and the first thing in the comic is Mercer "losing his faith in humanity" after the whole thing.
which is weird as he showed no signs of that at all in the entire game.

in the comic he goes traveling the world in search of somthing to restore his faith in humanity, then he just happens to ONLY run into people who only care for themselves and not looking out for others whatsoever.
---
Always remember: For every five minutes, you waste an hour.
-Arc Ray
#2Lil-DangerouZPosted 4/8/2012 2:02:43 PM

[QUOTE="ArcRay20" the first thing in the comic is Mercer "losing his faith in humanity" after the whole thing.
which is weird as he showed no signs of that at all in the entire game.y[/QUOTE]

He did for himself. He lost faith in himself. He mused at the end of the game that he is no longer a man, but something more. That something more can mean anything. Either that he feels slightly superior or slightly lower than a regular human. But regardless, he knows that he is not one of us. It brings about a sense of self-loathing and hatred for his past life (Human Alex) and makes him wonder how humans can be so cruel.

So that is why he traveled. He wanted to prove to himself that we humans can be nice, but all he saw was our rude, crude, behaviors. He was looking for an anchor of hope to show that humans can be wonderful beings, so he can take that and apply it to himself. He knows he is a weapon and he has murdered, but he wants to wash that away. But because he couldn't find any reason to really care for us (and by proxy himself), he lost all hope of even caring So now instead of trying to feel more human, he now wants to destroy us. Because in his eyes, we are all evil. And by proxy he understands that there is no way for him to move away from his cruel past.

#3bloodbeast555Posted 4/8/2012 7:46:58 PM

^ couldnt have said it better myself

#4TheRaven304Posted 4/10/2012 9:29:34 AM
I hope the plot of this game redeems "Alex Mercer" (the man who stole the virus). It kinda sucks that you were a "bad guy" that turns to a good guy (virus form) that changes back to a bad guy (and possibly changes back to a good guy). The plot mechanic, while interesting, is really wishy-washy.
---
With apologies to Mr. Occam, the simplest explanation for any problem is usually someone screwed up
#5ravencPosted 4/17/2012 7:44:49 PM
He'll end up like Magneto is my guess. A villain with some good points to his cause, but becomes warped due to his own personal ideology.
---
Xbox 360 GT: Raven the Last
#6IiI_stealthPosted 4/17/2012 8:20:50 PM

TheRaven304 posted...
I hope the plot of this game redeems "Alex Mercer" (the man who stole the virus). It kinda sucks that you were a "bad guy" that turns to a good guy (virus form) that changes back to a bad guy (and possibly changes back to a good guy). The plot mechanic, while interesting, is really wishy-washy.
---
With apologies to Mr. Occam, the simplest explanation for any problem is usually someone screwed up

What makes you believe that Zeus was good?

#7dudenamedgeorgePosted 4/18/2012 12:42:39 PM
Probably because he mostly was, at one point. Alex started the game completely sociopathic, but the more people he consumed, the more human he became. By the end he wasn't a particularly bad guy; if he was evil, he wouldn't have wanted to believe in humanity and rejoin them as a human, after all.

Unfortunately then the comics happened, swinging him back to being a full villain, which he hasn't been before now. Even at his worst in the first game, Alex just didn't know better. Now he is fully understanding of what is going on and why, and he wants to obliterate the human race of his own free will. Or so it seems, anyway.
---
> You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.